Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 13th-15th

I'm gonna be so annoyed if Spider-Man 4 isn't at least a lot of street fights, otherwise why get him to work on it. Just let him do Shang Chi 2 instead. The movie did really well for itself under the circumstances and was well liked. I really liked it a lot and idk why Marvel isnt working on a sequel to it 😞. I'd like to see more of him before what feels like an inevitable soft reboot after Secret Wars. 

3 hours ago, Unfitclock said:

I am really shocked that speak no evil opened this low especially with how good the trailer views are for it it’s up there with Megan and smile so I’m not sure why it opened so low

Trailer views here were highly inflated by ads. Looks at the number of likes

1 hour ago, Jiffy said:

Do we think IO2 is back in it to surpass JW domestically now? Looks like it'd need a 3x multiplier from this weekend.

There's a Transformers, Wild Robot and, most importantly, a Disney + sized elephant in the room that makes me think no. But never say never I suppose. It's going to be razor thin close. Right now I think Disney will need to put in extra work to get that to happen. A little re-release or something.

It did pass JW original non-rerelase numbers though. So that's cool. 

Edited by wattage

So seems the weekend wasn't real close to that $100mil estimate Deadline was going with. Still ahead of the 45% catchup pace though.

Hopefully TFOne sales continue to pick up, next week ought to be one of the bigger layups the rest of the year, don't need that disappointing.

On 9/15/2024 at 8:13 PM, Eric the Marxist said:

I mean if he wanted to be a Quartering-style dude, he would have been one by now? From what I've seen, albeit as somebody who hasn't watched a video of his in ages (didn't even know he was still making reviews tbh), he just quietly does his own thing reviewing whatever new geek movie is out. Closest thing to the usual right wing schtick these YouTubers do is saying the new Star Wars shows suck, but that's not really anything all too damning lol

I mean it get views to shit on a badly made show for a popular IP (marvel and Star wars).

Like its literally easy millions and millions of views 

Edited by Torontofan

On 9/16/2024 at 9:13 AM, Mojoguy said:

I do think it's harlious how Critical Drinker is likely pissed as hell that Acolyte was cancelled. Trashing stuff like Acolyte, Rings of Power, and The Marvels gives him views and subscribers. No more Acolyte S2 to shit on for him.

These complainers really are wasting their lives on youtube.

These guys made a lot from all the views but with Marvel, Star Wars and such changing course and realize a lot of the content they made past 2-3 years wasnt good, I think rage bait youtube will see a dearth of content.

Best for everyone really, being a Star Wars or Marvel fan lately been quite taxing lol

Edited by Torontofan