kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 09.27 - 09.29, 2024 | Actuals | 35.79M THE WILD ROBOT | 16.22M BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE | 9.16 TRANSFORMERS ONE

9 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Scorsese, the notorious elitist artist that publically applaud the 2.3 billion grosser Avatar The Way Of Water just a year ago.

Just because some people dislike the blockbusters you like, it doesn’t mean they hated everything popular.

No, it's totally fine if they dislike it. Everybody is free to its own opinion. That's not the point. I just don't like that kind of judgement from an elitist standpoint and i'm pretty sure, they haven't seen any of the 1567 MCU-movies to get to such a general judgement. There are many MCU movies that are mediocre at best, some are bad. But to throw them all in a pot and call them despicable is just, as I said, not very open minded, because not all of them are one of the same. 

8 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Coppola only made two great movies? Wait? What? 

Apocalypse Now and The Godfather are, in my opinion, great movies. Great in terms of 9/10 or 10/10. There are a coupe of good movies he did as well. 

Don't get me wrong, Both are great directors that gifted the world some movie classics and great movies. I just don't like the WAY they critizise others work. 

• Like 2

Good Sunday hold for TWR only 29% drop , better than Transformers last week. very exciting for weekdays ( Wed and Thu are crucial for the 2nd weekend). Also, 57% jump for Sat , in the middle of i expected (55-60% jump).

Edited by Grand Cine

58 minutes ago, wattage said:

Still coping and saying it can at least do well on streaming. Let's hope it doesn't waste away on Paramount+ for too long, this needs Netflix's audience reach to have a chance for the future.

That implies paramount has the potential to make good decisions 💀💀💀

2 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

That implies paramount has the potential to make good decisions 💀💀💀

I said it was my coping, let me cope and be delusional for a while 😅 Sonic made it's way to Netflix so this can too

Edited by wattage

18 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Francis you have made some of the greatest movies of all time and no MCU movie is better than Godfathers 1 and 2  but just go sit on your lawn or at your vineyard and yell at the clouds or whatever.

Coppola does not have a greater supporter then I, but that MCU comment was wrong, wrong, wrong.

He is just lashing out that his dream project had not turned out so well.

And even if the MCU films were trash, with which I don;t agree it does not good toscream about the bad taste of the public.The public is going to see what it wants to see.

And the intellectuals seem to have pretty much rejected the film as well

Edited by dudalb
  • Disbelief 1

12 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Scorsese, the notorious elitist artist that publically applaud the 2.3 billion grosser Avatar The Way Of Water just a year ago.

Just because some people dislike the blockbusters you like, it doesn’t mean they hated everything popular.

And Scorsese was a producer on "The Joker" until he had to drop out to focus on other projects.

Copopla's attack on Marvel was stupid and made him look like the bigger old man, but going to the other extreme and saying just about eveny film genre except those which qualify as "geek"  movie are elistist is stupid.

Gangsters movies being elitiest is really stupid, given that the curren "Penguin" DC series is most definently a gangster movie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AniNate said:

Sad. This was triggered by the failure of Magalopois, though why I don't know; it was a pickup by Lionsgate and they did not lose nearly as much on it as they did on their other bombs this year. I guess it was the image they have of being the studio that could not shoot straight.

Speaking of studios in trouble, I rewathced "The Offer" on Paramount Plus this weekned. Although a lot of the minisereis was crap (they really over blow the Mafia's involment with the making of the Godfather ) it does show this is the not the first time Paramount was in deep shit. I just wonder if they can find a Bob Evans this time around to turn things around.

Edited by dudalb

16 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Like many directors, he had his time, was lucky enough to hit a chord with audiences, but basically did 2 great movies that were lucky enought to be lifted above everything else for strange reasons. 

Apocalypse Now and The Godfather are, in my opinion, great movies. Great in terms of 9/10 or 10/10. There are a coupe of good movies he did as well

What? How about The Godfather Part II and The Conversation?

Edited by KGPatt2
  • Like 1

Sad. This was triggered by the failure of Magalopois, though why I don't know; it was a pickup by Lionsgate and they did not lose nearly as much on it as they did on their other bombs this year. I guess it was the image they have of being the studio that could not shoot straight.

Probably an end of the quarter thing.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce