lilmac

How would a true live-action Mario Bros movie perform?

I'm not talking about an adaptation along the lines of the Hoskins/Leguizamo disaster but a faithful adaptation of the Mushroom Kingdom adventures, with Goombas, Koopas, the whole works. This is an idea I've been mulling over for many years now. I think it could do well, especially if it is modeled after the universe of SMB 3 (Tanooki/Racoon suits, Koopa children, etc).**A faithful treatment might be very costly and CGI intensive but as the boxoffice revenue thread shows, theatrical runs represent just a fraction of revenue sources.http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/3278-interesting-facts-about-boxoffice-receipts-and-other-revenue-sources/

• Like 1

Hi box, thank you for your post. I'm not so worried about the story actually. I think a capable screenwriter can very easily craft a decent storyline around two plumbers finding a portal to an alternate reality and find themselves saving a Princess from a dinosaur named Bowser. *tongue in cheek* :)

If they are going to make a Super Mario Bros movie, it SHOULD be live action. If its animated, I rather get one of the games at GameStop and play it. I don't care if they failed at that, ever heard of ''reboot and improve''?

I'm not talking about an adaptation along the lines of the Hoskins/Leguizamo disaster but a faithful adaptation of the Mushroom Kingdom adventures, with Goombas, Koopas, the whole works. This is an idea I've been mulling over for many years now. I think it could do well, especially if it is modeled after the universe of SMB 3 (Tanooki/Racoon suits, Koopa children, etc).**A faithful treatment might be very costly and CGI intensive but as the boxoffice revenue thread shows, theatrical runs represent just a fraction of revenue sources.http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/3278-interesting-facts-about-boxoffice-receipts-and-other-revenue-sources/

Depends on who the director, writers, and producers are, because if they stay close to the source while making a good plot, then it has the potential to be a success. The Studio is another important factor, they are the ones marketing the film, so they need to get as much people as possible.

If they are going to make a Super Mario Bros movie, it SHOULD be live action. If its animated, I rather get one of the games at GameStop and play it. I don't care if they failed at that, ever heard of ''reboot and improve''?

Depends on who the director, writers, and producers are, because if they stay close to the source while making a good plot, then it has the potential to be a success. The Studio is another important factor, they are the ones marketing the film, so they need to get as much people as possible.

And it needs to have a serious budget.  The amount of CGI/FX needed to realize the Mushroom Kingdom and do it right would be on the order of Avatar.  Just like Mortal Kombat may get revamped based on a Youtube video, I hope the same for Mario.  :)

• Like 1