Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

Big Rumblings at Numerator Pictures

With Year 6 almost upon us, there has been increased activity in Numerator Pictures' media and marketing departments. A mid-level studio official told us that "there's a big announcement coming very, very soon. It's one loads of people within the industry and in the general public have been waiting for."

Big Rumblings at Numerator Pictures

With Year 6 almost upon us, there has been increased activity in Numerator Pictures' media and marketing departments. A mid-level studio official told us that "there's a big announcement coming very, very soon. It's one loads of people within the industry and in the general public have been waiting for."

Were waiting. Waiting for a long time.

Stuff Of Legend Update:

Production is now complete, and the studio is immensely satisfied with the final product. In addition, it has recently been revealed that Icelandic singer Jonsi has written a song for the movie. This new song, "World Of Wonder," will play during the end credits of the film.

Stuff Of Legend Update:

Production is now complete, and the studio is immensely satisfied with the final product. In addition, it has recently been revealed that Icelandic singer Jonsi has written a song for the movie. This new song, "World Of Wonder," will play during the end credits of the film.

Why are our film names so familiar ;-; You know coincidentally I had intended on releasing it in early June and then I saw your film I was like shit, no

The Cast of Society Talks About the Film

Cinema Scene: It is a pleasure to have you all here! So the first trailer hit theaters a week ago but didn't give much away about the story. Could you each give us maybe a brief description of each of your characters? Jennifer you can start!

Jennifer Lawrence: Alright! Well first off I am very happy to be on here and with my wonderful cast members! We are having so much fun filming the film. About my character. Well..She is kind of the focal character of the film (other cast members smile). She is pregnant and struggles what to do about it. A lot of her friends reject her and the film is about her struggle with the pregnancy. On top of that, she has to deal with her emotional unstable boyfriend, Riley but I will let Colton tell you about him haha

Cinema Scene: Colton?

Colton Haynes: To be frank I am the douchbag of the film (laughs)...not quite though. Riley is the kind of guy all guys want to be like. He is smart, athletic, funny, and a lady killer but on the inside he is a nightmare. He struggles will his really awful past and his parents divorce. Emily's pregnancy is a killing blow to him. He comes off as a dick but on the inside he is really a messed up and confused kid and nobody really understands that. He doesn't get along with most characters..even Emily in the movie..but he does seem to have a connection with his childhood pal Isabel. Will she save him? Gotta watch the film hahaha

Cinema Scene: Well Emma looks like Colton set you up! Do all these characters really connect?

Emma Stone: Oh god Colton! I honestly wanted to go last because I could end with a bang (laughs). Yeah yeah they do. It is crazy what Sam Mendes and the writing crew did with this amazing film. Oh man! Isabel. She is the typical high school girl. She is nice girl but she gets hardened by the constant bullying she encounters and her overly religious parents. Without giving too much away, Isabel will be the character I think most average girls will identify with. Body image is huge these days. it depresses me that our society wants girls to fit into the cookie cutter skinny girl body shape and girls who are not created that way get picked on even though they are completely sexy and healthy.

Cinema Scene: Very true words. Well let's have Samantha go next! Samantha not only tell us about your character but how does it feel to be the only Broadway actor/actress in this musical?!

Samantha Barks: Haha well you won't know. Zac and Elijah were actually in a musical before this and Emma, Colton, and Jennifer had to work a bit harder than they rest with the vocals but I give them a tip of the hat for trying especially Colton and Jennifer who sing some of the most important songs in the film. Everybody is doing a fantastic job. Well my character. Susanna is the "good girl". She is a strong Catholic along with Mason her boyfriend..sorry Zac (Zac Efron laughs). She is kind of the "voice of reason" for her friends Emily and Isabel. She has her own problems though. She is viewed as a fake and prick. The film really focuses on her trying to battle this view of her by her peers.

Cinema Scene: Zac?

Zac Efron: Well Samantha gave some of my story away so I might be short. Mason is Susanna bf, best friends with Jiyad his neighbor, and rivals with Riley. Think of him and Riley as opposites. Mason is geeky and awkward. He struggles with this but also his religion. He wants to have fun with his peers but as you know a lot of their fun is..sex, drugs, sports, and drinking. By being not athletic and religious he can't relate with them well..except Jiyad.

Cinema Scene: Elijah?

Elijah Kelley: I am sort of the odd ball out in the film. I am not connected really to anybody excepted Mason. I play an Islamic teen named Jiyad. Me and Mason both get bullied by others and we kind of have our own support grow together. Jiyad feels that Mason relationship with Susanna might threaten their friendship. However I think Americans can get out of Jiyad's story is how strong Islamophobia is in the US/UK especially toward Muslim teens.

Cinema Scene: Wow! Can't wait of the film. I was very excited to see the film was going to be a musical! Society hits theaters this October! Be their for it! And a huge thanks to the cast for coming in and sharing the secrets about their characters!!

DAVID CRONENBERG GOING "HARD R" ON Y7'S THE MUTANT

Updated May, Year 6

In an interview with David Cronenberg, director of classics like Scanners and The Fly, the director told us that his body horror flick The Mutant, about a teenager's transformation into a human-alien hybrid, will be a "hard R" flick. "The transformation scenes need to be as frightening as possible, and the PG-13 rating limits the potential of the horror," said Cronenberg. Could this limit the chances of box office success? "It could be too intense for the average moviegoer, but I'm pretty confident."

DC Entertainment Finds New Partnership With Total Empire Pictures; Blankments Partnership Remains Strong

Edward Nadny announced today on the behalf of DC Entertainment and his own studio, Blankments Productions, that they will begin a partnership with Total Empire Pictures for DC films. "After the unfortunate demise of Darthdevidem Pictures, we had to find a new partner for production for our fantastic DCU, and Total Empire fit the bill!" Nadny stated. "We are excited to have the partnership begin with Wonder Woman, and continue on into the upcoming years!" Wonder Woman is scheduled for release on May 13, 6.

• Like 1

It is time...

A SHORT TIME FROM NOW, ON A PLANET THAT'S RIGHT HERE...

NUMERATOR PICTURES UNVEILS THE FUTURE FOR STAR WARS

It was a dream long in the making, and now one to be realized in the near future. Many of you have know that Numerator Pictures has owned the rights to Star Wars and has been waiting for the right time to begin production. Now we know when that time will be.

"Star Wars will be returning to theaters on the Pre-Memorial Day Weekend of Year 9" the studio CEO said moments ago in a press conference. "We have outlined a slate of films that will take audiences into a thrilling and epic adventure into the galaxy far far away that enthralled so many people for so long a time. It is our honor and privilege to continue the exploration of this galaxy and the many stories it can share with us."

The planned slate of films will not be following the adventures of the Skywalker clan, with the CEO explaining that it was too difficult to come to a comfortable arrangement with some members of the Original Trilogy's cast. In the end, it was decided that it was best to leave the Skywalker story concluded with Return of the Jedi. However the studio promised us this: "Mark (Hamill) is a wonderful vocal talent and he loves the franchise, so we look forward to arranging for him to voice a significant character in the upcoming films. No one will be able to guess it's him without knowing beforehand."

Instead, the planned films will take place about 4,000 years before the events of the Original Trilogy and will chronicle the events leading up to and including the galaxy-spanning conflict known as the Sith War, drawing from the characters and events of the aclaimed Tales of the Jedi comic series from the mid-90s. "Our original plan was to do a straight-up trilogy" the CEO explained, "but our story outliners ran into trouble with the first film as we would have to introduce the origins for our three centerpiece characters at the same time in one film. We'd either have to make a very very long Film 1 or we'd have to severely compress the origins in both time and space, which we didn't want. So we found a different option." That option was to split the first film into three separate origin movies, allowing the story outliners to beef up background material and introduce both pre-existing details and invent new story/character issues to give more depth to the galaxy.

"We're not looking to steal people's money, we want to make the best story possible and the best way to do that is to make 5 films instead of 3. Going for the three-part Stage 1 allows us to maximize the world-building and character development, so when the two-part conclusion arc hits you're really invested." We have learned that though each film will focus on the origin of a specific major character, there will be crossovers, with characters from Film 1 appearing in the second or third film, and the events of the third film will lead directly into the conclusion arc.

Casting for the films is still a long ways off, but the CEO has released the presumptive dates for the three films of Stage 1 as well as the attached director:

Star Wars 1.1- Pre-Memorial Day Weekend, Year 9 (Directed By Andrew Stanton) [Estimated to be about 35-40% original material]

Star Wars 1.2- Pre-Thanksgiving Weekend, Year 10 (Directed By Andrew Niccol) [Estimated to be about 60-70% original material)

Star Wars 1.3- Pre-Memorial Day Weekend, Year 12 (Directed By Christopher McQuarrie) [Estimated to be about 80% original material]

No director or dates have been set for the two-part finale arc yet.

When asked about other Star Wars plans, the CEO told us that once this story arc is completed, Numerator Pictures will take a break from the galaxy to recharge its energies, but while it does that it will consider leasing Star Wars out to another studio for a series of films, provided it is satisfied that the leasing studio has a good, effective plan in mind. "We're not going to let just anyone have a crack at this, we want to be sure that if we do lease Star Wars out to someone, they have a strong plan for making their own story in it."

• Like 5

NUMERATOR PICTURES UNVEILS THE FUTURE FOR STAR WARS

It was a dream long in the making, and now one to be realized in the near future. Many of you have know that Numerator Pictures has owned the rights to Star Wars and has been waiting for the right time to begin production. Now we know when that time will be.

"Star Wars will be returning to theaters on the Pre-Memorial Day Weekend of Year 9" the studio CEO said moments ago in a press conference. "We have outlined a slate of films that will take audiences into a thrilling and epic adventure into the galaxy far far away that enthralled so many people for so long a time. It is our honor and privilege to continue the exploration of this galaxy and the many stories it can share with us."

The planned slate of films will not be following the adventures of the Skywalker clan, with the CEO explaining that it was too difficult to come to a comfortable arrangement with some members of the Original Trilogy's cast. In the end, it was decided that it was best to leave the Skywalker story concluded with Return of the Jedi. However the studio promised us this: "Mark (Hamill) is a wonderful vocal talent and he loves the franchise, so we look forward to arranging for him to voice a significant character in the upcoming films. No one will be able to guess it's him without knowing beforehand."

Instead, the planned films will take place about 4,000 years before the events of the Original Trilogy and will chronicle the events leading up to and including the galaxy-spanning conflict known as the Sith War, drawing from the characters and events of the aclaimed Tales of the Jedi comic series from the mid-90s. "Our original plan was to do a straight-up trilogy" the CEO explained, "but our story outliners ran into trouble with the first film as we would have to introduce the origins for our three centerpiece characters at the same time in one film. We'd either have to make a very very long Film 1 or we'd have to severely compress the origins in both time and space, which we didn't want. So we found a different option." That option was to split the first film into three separate origin movies, allowing the story outliners to beef up background material and introduce both pre-existing details and invent new story/character issues to give more depth to the galaxy.

"We're not looking to steal people's money, we want to make the best story possible and the best way to do that is to make 5 films instead of 3. Going for the three-part Stage 1 allows us to maximize the world-building and character development, so when the two-part conclusion arc hits you're really invested." We have learned that though each film will focus on the origin of a specific major character, there will be crossovers, with characters from Film 1 appearing in the second or third film, and the events of the third film will lead directly into the conclusion arc.

Casting for the films is still a long ways off, but the CEO has released the presumptive dates for the three films of Stage 1 as well as the attached director:

Star Wars 1.1- Pre-Memorial Day Weekend, Year 9 (Directed By Andrew Stanton) [Estimated to be about 35-40% original material]

Star Wars 1.2- Pre-Thanksgiving Weekend, Year 10 (Directed By Andrew Niccol) [Estimated to be about 60-70% original material)

Star Wars 1.3- Pre-Memorial Day Weekend, Year 12 (Directed By Christopher McQuarrie) [Estimated to be about 80% original material]

No director or dates have been set for the two-part finale arc yet.

When asked about other Star Wars plans, the CEO told us that once this story arc is completed, Numerator Pictures will take a break from the galaxy to recharge its energies, but while it does that it will consider leasing Star Wars out to another studio for a series of films, provided it is satisfied that the leasing studio has a good, effective plan in mind. "We're not going to let just anyone have a crack at this, we want to be sure that if we do lease Star Wars out to someone, they have a strong plan for making their own story in it."

Posted Image
  • Like 1

I´m still not happy that it´s allowed to use Star Wars but well at least you chose something more original. But still... its like I want the Batman rights and want to use other material than it was used in the recent films. But THATS not allowed.... you see what I mean? Or better example.... some time ago I wanted to do a spider-man film with an adult Peter Parket not that high-school crap... also not allowed... that´s my problem with that.

I´m still not happy that it´s allowed to use Star Wars but well at least you chose something more original. But still... its like I want the Batman rights and want to use other material than it was used in the recent films. But THATS not allowed.... you see what I mean? Or better example.... some time ago I wanted to do a spider-man film with an adult Peter Parket not that high-school crap... also not allowed... that´s my problem with that.

Because I carried over Star Wars rights from the original CAYOM. The sudden purchase of Lucasfilm simply accelerated plans since prior to that it was pretty certain that we wouldn't be seeing anything new from Star Wars in theaters.Batman and Spider-Man however have been currently ongoing franchises since CAYOM 2.0 began so they're already in use. Batman may get extended because of Justice League presumably getting made something, though if it seems that Justice League remains speculative some years down the line and there is no indication of another Batman solo film, then Batman probably opens up. But we won't know that until we see how Man of Steel does at the box office since IMO a real-life Justice League film depends on it doing quite well.Furthermore, Star Wars is a galaxy and thousands of years of history. Star Trek is a galaxy and hundreds of years of history. Bond changes actors every handful of films to tell its own set of unrelated stories to any previous Bond arc. Franchises like that don't conflict with ongoing RL ones because they can easily get out the way. But Batman = Bruce Wayne in Gotham City. Spider-Man = Peter Parker in New York City. There's no wiggle room to co-exist because you're sharing the exact same character in the exact same location as the RL version.

Yeah.... well I don´t want to bitch around so I stop that with saying I´m fine with you having the rights to it. But please don´t do too much.... I don´t wanna see 6-9 films in CAYOM here :).

As I said, it's a 5-film set, then I'm shelving it for a while with the possibility of loaning it to another player for a few films.