Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Really not a good monday for Mario. Maybe 100-120M yen.

I thought that would be the expected slowdown after such a monstrous Golden Week? It's going to be very weekend heavy from now on until summer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I thought that would be the expected slowdown after such a monstrous Golden Week? It's going to be very weekend heavy from now on until summer.

I asked with corpse and we agreed a target for a strong monday would've been 250M especially since it didn't look like it was skewing too young from ATP. It's not even beating MER by that much.

Even if it has really good weekends from here on out it can't leg out to 20b solely on the weekends. You really need a good balance in Japan. So I think over 15b is gonna be tough even assuming weekend drop is strong (-20% satsun).

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

Also I doubt satsun hold will be -20%. If monday is 100-120M friday will probably be like 100-110M. -20% Would then sat to jump over 6x fri. It needs to behave like a doraemon film if not even slightly better to get that fri->satsun jump 😛 But we'll see what happens.

Edited by JustLurking

Universal/Illumination comparing "Mario"'s 10-Days Total with Paramount's "Top Gun: Maverick

"We did it 10-days what Top Gun took for 31-Days ~ current goal is beyond ¥13.7B of Top Gun Maverick"

Both works are distributed by Toho-Towa.

Seems like a good goal. Will need great weekends since TGM had really strong weekdays. But obviously Mario has a big big lead over TGM and that helps a lot. If weekends go well, 15b should be the hopeful endgame goal for this, but just becoming highest hollywood film since Frozen would be great.

Edited by JustLurking

This year's Golden Week regained its prosperity, and the annual box office revenue recorded the highest ever since 2000. In comparison, it recorded good results with mobilization of 112.6% and box office revenue of 119.1%. The heavy air of the CoVid-19 wreck has been dispelled and momentum has been gained for the upcoming summer vacation.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

RRR

29th WKend - ¥51,676,850 / 32,964 admits

Total Until SUN (05/07) - ¥1,955,058,230 / 1,248,264 admits

Back to Top 10 at 9th place! &Yes, it's the Biggest 29th WKend since Fox's "Titanic" (1998)

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

This year's Golden Week regained its prosperity, and the annual box office revenue recorded the highest ever since 2000. In comparison, it recorded good results with mobilization of 112.6% and box office revenue of 119.1%. The heavy air of the CoVid-19 wreck has been dispelled and momentum has been gained for the upcoming summer vacation.

Mario and TGM have been very important hits for hollywood in the post-covid market in Japan. Hopefully they can have some more this year though I'm not that confident in their slate. TLM-Indy-MI will all be good performers, I think, but I don't see any of them cracking 10b.

So TOHO is doing a hat giveaway on thu. @Issac Newton not sure if I understood it properly but is this only certain times on toho theaters? Since it doesn't give a limit or anything I'm assuming it's a 1-day thing. Still it is good that toho is willing to push it. I expect more and probably bigger giveaways in the future for the film if this one goes well.

12 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

So TOHO is doing a hat giveaway on thu. @Issac Newton not sure if I understood it properly but is this only certain times on toho theaters? Since it doesn't give a limit or anything I'm assuming it's a 1-day thing. Still it is good that toho is willing to push it. I expect more and probably bigger giveaways in the future for the film if this one goes well.

One Day Event exclusive on TOHO Cinemas.

Individual Chains may plan similar giveaways. But, Distributor Giveaways will have fixed numbers of giveaways.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

RRR

29th WKend - ¥51,676,850 / 32,964 admits

Total Until SUN (05/07) - ¥1,955,058,230 / 1,248,264 admits

Back to Top 10 at 9th place! &Yes, it's the Biggest 29th WKend since Fox's "Titanic" (1998)

Eh, Okay, it's still seems TOHO's "Your Name" has the record counting FRI

From Corpse:

Yeah, the low weekdays are going to make it much harder to get up to that ¥15 billion (or higher) range. Maybe it's appealing younger than its first 10 days indicated since all of that was a holiday period/weekends. And there are no holidays between now and the third week of July when Summer Vacation begins to help it out over the next 2.5 months. It'll need to rely solely on its own ability to bring audiences in, OR giveaway events if it has any.

Estimating around ¥120 million ($877,000) today. That'll probably get it around ¥550 million (~$4 million) for the Mon.-Fri. frame combined.

Opening at the start of Golden Week and having its first 10 days in release boosted certainly did its work by giving it the second highest two-week total ever, though. But I imagine we'll see it drop pretty steadily from here on unless this is just the initial post-GW decline and it stabilizes quickly.

45 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Seems like MI7 will break Franchise Records my instinct says --

All I have heard from early screenings is the movie is bonkers crazy, but what makes you say this now?

49 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Seems like MI7 will break Franchise Records my instinct says --

I really doubt that. Obviously TC goodwill is high with top gun but it would need to more than double 7's numbers to beat 2!! MI franchise fell off a lot in jp.

1 minute ago, Austin said:

All I have heard from early screenings is the movie is bonkers crazy, but what makes you say this now?

They started (24K limited) 1st advances booking ~ for 3 weeks starting from April 28. Costing ¥1500 for the IMF cards (see picture). When sales went live - 800 tickets blanked out in a minute. Current estimates are 10K sold out in 3-days! That to when movie opens on 21 July, 2023!

640.jpg

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I really doubt that. Obviously TC goodwill is high with top gun but it would need to more than double 7's numbers to beat 2!! MI franchise fell off a lot in jp.

This is just my instinct I think it should go well and well (yeah may be I am TGM as a condition &yes advance like this card are hard to determine the success) 

Yes, I still want to go with it. Feels like among Transformers, Little Mermaid &MI7, MI7 certain winning this trio game. Rest is upto opening.

Edited by Issac Newton