• POTC: Dead Mans Chest
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • POTC: On Stranger Tides
    • LOTR 3
    • Transformers 3
    • Titanic
    • Toy Story 3
    • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Titanic by far...No other movie even comes close to what that movie was... And what it still means to me.I've seen the movie probably 500+ times (6 of which back in April during the re-release) and never get bored and I'm always in awe of what James Cameron was able to accomplish.

This is the type of obsession I admire. Bravo!
  • Like 1

Don't know about Titanic (though I think most would indeed say Return of the King if asked) but most would definitely say Return of the King over any Potter movie!

I'd say FOTR was the best.
  • Like 1

Not that film lists really matter. The public adores Titanic.

Yeah, as they clearly show by awarding it such high scores all the time on movie sites and constantly winning public movie polls and rushing out to see the re-release in droves...oh wait.Today Titanic is well liked but not loved among older females, indifferent to younger females, indifferent to older males, and despised by young males. Hardly a "beloved" film overall.

Don't know about Titanic (though I think most would indeed say Return of the King if asked) but most would definitely say Return of the King over any Potter movie!

I hope most would say FoTR/TTT than RoTK.

Not once did I mention gross, so don't twist my words, thank you very much.Whenever friends talk about favorite films, Titanic is mentioned infinitely more than RoTK.Which evidence? IMDB (LOL)? Nothing since Titanic has been more loved by the public. Sure, plenty of other people love other films way more or dislike Titanic, but if you were to go around asking every single person which of the two they prefer, you'd be batshit idiotic to say the majority would vote RoTK.

I think you'd be batshit crazy to think that the majority wouldn't say ROTK. Provided you're asking people that have seen both of course. I've never in my whole life come across one person who's seen both that could honestly look you in the eye and say Titanic is the better film of the two. How could you even say that with a straight face?
  • Like 1

Today Titanic is well liked but not loved among older females, indifferent to younger females, indifferent to older males, and despised by young males. Hardly a "beloved" film overall.

Uh...19+ million Facebook fans...Sold out in mere hours Valentine's Day Screening...3rd Highest-Grossing re-release of the past 14 years...And over $340 million Worldwide making it the most successful re-release of all-time!I'm not to believe that everybody adores Titanic and holds it to the same high regard as I do... But I'm most certainly not ignorant enough to think that there still aren't millions and millions of fans out there who still don't enjoy watching it!Hello!!! Just look at this very poll were speaking on... Titanic is number one!

I honestly don't know anyone that says Titanic as one of their favorite films or film they like the most. I personally like it (though it is not one of my favorites).

Exactly. Noctis is downright out of his mind if he thinks it's one of the most beloved films today. I've NEVER in my entire life heard anyone say it's one of their favorite films, and I;m being entirely serious. Not one person, one time. Who are these people among who it's so beloved?
  • Like 1

Exactly. Noctis is downright out of his mind if he thinks it's one of the most beloved films today. I've NEVER in my entire life heard anyone say it's one of their favorite films, and I;m being entirely serious. Not one person, one time. Who are these people among who it's so beloved?

yep, don't get me wrong I know a lot of people like Titanic and it probably is the favorite film of some but I doubt if you ask people from every single demographic if Titanic is their most beloved film or the film they like the most and they would say yes. Edited by Shriekofthevulture
  • Like 1

So because YOU'VE personally never heard somebody mention Titanic as their favorite film that makes it 100% fact?!That's just downright ignorance...

So because YOU'VE personally never heard somebody mention Titanic as their favorite film that makes it 100% fact?!That's just downright ignorance...

I think it's awesome that he's never heard anyone say that. It must mean he hangs around with the right people. :D

Well where are they? If it's the most beloved film of all time in my years as a movie buff associating with other movie buffs statistics are that I should have run into quite a few people by now that cite it as their favorite or at the very least bring it up in discussions. Why haven't I? Where are they hiding? Apparently on this board! :lol:
  • Like 1

Ugh, Noctis you're not deserving of my words in your sig. You taint them with your smugness.

Doesn't matter, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in the four years I've been on these forums.

Doesn't matter, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in the four years I've been on these forums.

is it really that hard to believe that Titanic is not the most beloved film among every single demographic in the world and there are definitely certain people it probably appeals to a lot more and there are probably certain demographics that don't really care for it? I don't
  • Like 1