druv10

Actuals - SWATH 56.2m, MIB3 28.1M, TA 20.5m

I'm thinking somewhere in the 48-51% range.

Both films coming out are not really in SWATH's demo. One is rated R, the other G.

Prometheus is R but you know it's going to play broad. That's what people over 25 are going to see this weekend as well as males under 25. I also just don't see why it would hold up so well after such a large opening. I'm not saying it's going to drop 55%, but I think at least close to 50%.

Posted Image

It's impressive that TA didn't just open stronger than TDK, it's managed to extend the margin. Wonder when it'll finally fall behind Avatar. Possibly by week 7? Certainly by week 8.

Also fun that at 12 weeks, Titanic still had ~25% of it's gross yet to come. Never see that again, but still neat to compare to.

Prometheus is R but you know it's going to play broad. That's what people over 25 are going to see this weekend as well as males under 25. I also just don't see why it would hold up so well after such a large opening. I'm not saying it's going to drop 55%, but I think at least close to 50%.

R is becoming less of a restrictive rating. I mean the Hangover movies can perform over 250M and those are hard core R. Prometheus doesn't seem like a hard core R rated film. Also R in America means that anybody 17+ can see it. There are tons of moviegoers over 17.

Not to mention, anyone under 17 can see it with a "guardian".It may have changed now, but back in the day, that meant someone's 17 y/o older brother. In theaters that bothered to enforce the rule at all.

Not to mention, anyone under 17 can see it with a "guardian".It may have changed now, but back in the day, that meant someone's 17 y/o older brother. In theaters that bothered to enforce the rule at all.

I know both theatres I live near don't enforce the R rule, and the arthouse theatre barely even bothers with NC-17.

Top 12 theatres engagement (gets published in Variety)wkend 1-3/61-Regal E-Walk 13, NYC NY 177,676 (SWATH)2-Pacific Arclight Hollywood, Los Angeles CA 145,246 (SWATH)3-AMC Burbank 30,Burbank CA 142,849 (SWATH)4-AMC Yonge & Dundas 24, Toronto ON 140,898 (SWATH)5-Pacific Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles, CA 126,306 (SWATH)6-Regal Union Square 14, NYC NY 115,528 (SWATH)7-Regal Union Square 14, NYC NY 109,988 (MK)8-COB Dolphin 24, Miami FL 109,785 (SWATH)9-AMC Lincoln Square, NYC NY 106,486 (SWATH)10-Pacific Arclight Sherman Oaks, Sherman Oaks CA 103,113 (SWATH)11-Regal Irvine Spectrum 20, Irvine CA 101,778 (SWATH)12-AMC Northpark 15, Dallas TX 100,416 (SWATH)

• Like 1

Empire 25 is not on the list. Is that because of SWATH?

Yeah SWATH went to Regal 13 across the road, Empire 25 highest grossing weekend was MIB3 but next weekend Empire 25 gets Prometheus & Madagasgar 3

Yeah SWATH went to Regal 13 across the road, Empire 25 highest grossing weekend was MIB3but next weekend Empire 25 gets Prometheus & Madagasgar 3

That should work out well for them. I like when you post this. It's very interesting. Keep up the good work.