Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

Yes Wed, other LOTR films opened on ThursHobbit 12/12/12(Wed) 708k(biggest non-hol Wed)FOTR 20/12/01 643kTT 19/12/02 580kROTK 18/12/03 788k

The post I'd be waiting for, but not exactly what I was hoping for.If NEW ZEALAND is coming in sub-LOTR, we're for something not-so-spectacular.

Yes Wed, other LOTR films opened on ThursHobbit 12/12/12(Wed) 708k(biggest non-hol Wed)FOTR 20/12/01 643kTT 19/12/02 580kROTK 18/12/03 788k

So the opening was 10% bigger than FOTR..... but it will definitely have much shorter legs......

Only opening day..... and today openings are much bigger and legs much shorter than 10 years ago.... and then it was supposed to have Inflation + 3D boost...... ;)

I'm not one of the people predicting $1b OS. But relax, we have no concept of its legs or even its OW yet (since it's opening on a Wed and the LOTR movies opened on a Thurs).

Really? Why? Both days are working days.

By that logic, a Tuesday opening should be equally as huge.Over here, Wednesday openings are really normal, and people are used to them, especially in the summer. But they're fairly rare unless it's summer or the holidays, because -- as you said -- it's a workday. Thursday openings are less common.I have no idea what's normal in NZ, but that's my point: there are regional variations that don't make it a one-to-one comparison.

By that logic, a Tuesday opening should be equally as huge.

It should. People that go on first day in droves are people that care and they know when it's opening. Why should they give a poop if it's opening on tuesday as opposed to wednesday? Edited by Elessar