Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

But isn't 60m too much? That would be like #2 all-time? Clearly it isn't doing so well in the rest of the markets.

No, 3rd all-time, POTC4 is second with $65m :)The Hobbit will have much more screens, IMAX, holidays and ticket prices are clearly up from last year. It's perfectly realistic.We need to be cautious because it disappointed in many markets, but 60m is a reachable goal.
  • Like 1

UK 18.3GERMANY 16.3FRANCE 12.7KOREA 8.5SPAIN 8.4SWEDEN 6.0ITALY 5.4MEXICO 5.2BRAZIL 4.9

I was thinking in 1 billion OS. The numbers are about a 20-25% lower than I had expected and adding the completely bomb in Japan, it looks like to be headed to about 700, maybe a bit more.

There are quite a few of you still believing in $700m. Are legs really that good at the end of the year? That would be a multiplier over 4 from current markets.

I am pretty confident in excellent WOM. The trend in comments is that the movie is nearly at the same level than LOTR in terms of quality. Legs at Christmas are very good nearly everywhere. Here, in Spain, FOTR had a x5 multiplier from 5-day opening, and both TTT and ROTK x4.