lab276

The Universal Thread | Dreamworks Animation seeing layoffs, set to outsource their work

At least their working on one. That still gives me hope. A hard date would be better though :)

LOL what does that even mean though? Are they writing a script? Looking for a new director? Will Cross continue?  That is just vague.

I read an interview with Fogelson a couple of months back and my impression was that he isn't sure if Damon will be back. He spend a lot of time taking about expanded Bourne universe and the new directions that they can take the story to.

• Like 1

I read an interview with Fogelson a couple of months back and my impression was that he isn't sure if Damon will be back. He spend a lot of time taking about expanded Bourne universe and the new directions that they can take the story to.

Yeah I read that. They've been saying that for the longest though. Even the producer says that. I just want to know if they've even chosen a direction. Sure the possibilities are endless but what are some of those possibilities?

Yeah I read that. They've been saying that for the longest though. Even the producer says that. I just want to know if they've even chosen a direction. Sure the possibilities are endless but what are some of those possibilities?

They should just pick one and run with it already. Seriously a Wierd Science remake before a Bourne Sequel? Wtf..
  • Like 2

You see how BOURNE LEGACY performed? Nobody came. Damon is Jason Bourne. Renner is great when he is part of a supporting cast (MI4, SWAT, THE TOWN). They would like to turn this into a Bond franchise. But Bond is a lifestyle statement that has evolved into a brand, not tied to a star/actor. That's why it can last.( Although the Craig version of the series is very different in tone with past Bond). Bourne is a personal story.The makers of the series had created a very satisfying arc for Damon. His story is done. The Bourne character is not an established brand like Superman or Iron Man which can be interpreted & re-interpreted by different actors. 007 has that 60s jingle, the gadgets etc. IRON MAN has that hi-tech stuff and the comic book following. SUPERMAN defies gravity, shoots laser from his eyes, and is a God to many readers. Bourne is a multi-dimensional human character in a complex world. He is not an artifice.You cannot franchise Bourne. But I wish they explore Ludlum's other works. I love realistic spy movies like Bourne & the Jack Ryan series. Edited by zackzack

You see how BOURNE LEGACY performed? Nobody came. Damon is Jason Bourne. Renner is great when he is part of a supporting cast (MI4, SWAT, THE TOWN). They would like to turn this into a Bond franchise. But Bond is a lifestyle statement that has evolved into a brand, not tied to a star/actor. That's why it can last.( Although the Craig version of the series is very different in tone with past Bond). Bourne is a personal story.The makers of the series had created a very satisfying arc for Damon. His story is done. The Bourne character is not an established brand like Superman or Iron Man which can be interpreted & re-interpreted by different actors. 007 has that 60s jingle, the gadgets etc. IRON MAN has that hi-tech stuff and the comic book following. SUPERMAN defies gravity, shoots laser from his eyes, and is a God to many readers. Bourne is a multi-dimensional human character in a complex world. He is not an artifice.You cannot franchise Bourne.But I wish they explore Ludlum's other works. I love realistic spy movies like Bourne & the Jack Ryan series.

I think Bourne can be franchised but it has to be done right. Universal wants to expand the universe and the can do that with the right script. I thought Renner did fine it was the story that was lacking to me. It wasn't his fault. As far as box office goes, it did okay.

It was not an overwhelming success but it didn't flop either.  Universal just has to figure out what it will take to make the story good and get people to love it like they did the first 3.  I will readily admit that Jason Bourne is the center of it all and if you take that character away you are starting from 0. But that's where the creative folks come in.  Gilroy gave it a shot but it just wasn't good enough.

And I do agree about Ludlum's other works. Not sure if Universal has first right of refusal for those or not.  But I do know that Denzel Washington and Leo Dicaprio have been attached to a couple of his book to film. They have not been developed as of yet and I don't know the status. This has been in the works for a few years now.