Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

There hasn't been a better Disney animated film since Dinosaur.

I won't speak on behalf of the entire movie (which I haven't watched in years), but the opening sequence of the egg traveling with the amazing score is one of my favorite opening sequences.

• Like 3

Iron Man 3 was a lot of fun and one of the best blockbusters of the year.

Saying that, this isn't actually an unpopular opinion, its only on the internet people decide to hate on it.

By internet people I imagine you mean people on forums like this. That might be because a cinephil knows the difference between a good and a bad movie while the average movie goer gives the movie an A if it has 2 or 3 explosions and a bad ass character. The amount of kiss ass RDJ is getting also helps them like it considerably as they fail to see a bad movie with their favorite actor.

And we didn't simply decide to hate on it. It made us hate it because it sucked.

• Like 2

By internet people I imagine you mean people on forums like this. That might be because a cinephil knows the difference between a good and a bad movie while the average movie goer gives the movie an A if it has 2 or 3 explosions and a bad ass character. The amount of kiss ass RDJ is getting also helps them like it considerably as they fail to see a bad movie with their favorite actor.

And we didn't simply decide to hate on it. It made us hate it because it sucked.

I believe he means fanboys who are annoyed that 'they ruined the Mandarin' despite the fact that Aldrich Killian is the MCU's Mandarin and he fits a lot with the current comic incarnation. Because that's what I hear most fanboys whining about when it comes to this movie.

Well, either that or it's them complaining about how it was 'too light and jokey', ignoring the fact that, since Marvel are trying to appeal to everyone, adults and grownups, it really wasn't going to be super-gritty. (That and 'gritty and dark' doesn't necessarily mean good.)

Also, as for the whole 'cinephile knows the difference the difference between a good and bad movie', you seem to be ignoring that most professional critics gave IM3 a positive review. Unless you're suggesting the word of random people on the internet is more reliable than that of a professional film critic.

• Like 3

Also, as for the whole 'cinephile knows the difference the difference between a good and bad movie', you seem to be ignoring that most professional critics gave IM3 a positive review. Unless you're suggesting the word of random people on the internet is more reliable than that of a professional film critic.

Yea, it's true that Iron Man 3 got positive reviews, I don't deny that. It's just that, for me, at least, there is a difference in reviews when it comes to dark and gritty movies and family movies. The family movies are purely made for entertainment, and of course, if people have a good time at them, they will give it good reviews, but when it comes to movies that try to be serious (The Dark Knight Trilogy/Man of Steel), the reviewer will always question more things like: story, script, acting, directing. I don't think everyone questions these things when they watch a Iron Man movie compared to a Dark Knight movie.

As I said, when it comes to reviews for a movie like this, I, personally, try to ignore them and make my own opinion. Now, people who disliked Iron Man clearly didn't enjoy it, despite it trying to be the enjoyable movie it totally was marketed at (or not...w/e). I didn't like Iron Man 3 at all. I mean, it wasn't funny, the jokes were kind of... then there was that airplane scene that was just as bad as the Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 final battle. Wow, look at him go being in danger and shit and then we find out that Tony wasn't even in the suit in the most ridiculous way: a truck hit the suit and it was destroyed into millions of pieces (yet his suit wasn't destroyed when he crashed after the energy ran out). I think it has a lot of flaws, but people who enjoy the movie tend to ignore these.

• Like 2

Still butthurt that MoS was more thrashed by critics than IM3, uh? :lol:

Uhuh. That's it. Apparently one cannot make a post without someone thinking it's because they're butthurt because a movie they don't like got better reviews than a movie they liked. See if I care.

It didn't suck it just wasn't what you expected. It was smart, funny and had a decent story. Saying that, MOS had more than 3 explosions yet the GA didn't seem to care much for it after its OW did they??

Also critcs hold more weight than a few comic book fanboys who like to nitpik.

• Like 2

Yea, it's true that Iron Man 3 got positive reviews, I don't deny that. It's just that, for me, at least, there is a difference in reviews when it comes to dark and gritty movies and family movies. The family movies are purely made for entertainment, and of course, if people have a good time at them, they will give it good reviews, but when it comes to movies that try to be serious (The Dark Knight Trilogy/Man of Steel), the reviewer will always question more things like: story, script, acting, directing. I don't think everyone questions these things when they watch a Iron Man movie compared to a Dark Knight movie.

As I said, when it comes to reviews for a movie like this, I, personally, try to ignore them and make my own opinion. Now, people who disliked Iron Man clearly didn't enjoy it, despite it trying to be the enjoyable movie it totally was marketed at (or not...w/e). I didn't like Iron Man 3 at all. I mean, it wasn't funny, the jokes were kind of... then there was that airplane scene that was just as bad as the Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 final battle. Wow, look at him go being in danger and shit and then we find out that Tony wasn't even in the suit in the most ridiculous way: a truck hit the suit and it was destroyed into millions of pieces (yet his suit wasn't destroyed when he crashed after the energy ran out). I think it has a lot of flaws, but people who enjoy the movie tend to ignore these.

That scene was funny and generated a lot of laughs, which was intended.

Uhuh. That's it. Apparently one cannot make a post without someone thinking it's because they're butthurt because a movie they don't like got better reviews than a movie they liked. See if I care.

Nah people just get sick of hearing broken records so he's probably trying to wind you up.

• Like 1

I believe he means fanboys who are annoyed that 'they ruined the Mandarin' despite the fact that Aldrich Killian is the MCU's Mandarin and he fits a lot with the current comic incarnation. Because that's what I hear most fanboys whining about when it comes to this movie.

Well, either that or it's them complaining about how it was 'too light and jokey', ignoring the fact that, since Marvel are trying to appeal to everyone, adults and grownups, it really wasn't going to be super-gritty. (That and 'gritty and dark' doesn't necessarily mean good.)

The hilarious thing is, when the first teaser hit, people actually complained that it seemed too dark and gritty and claimed it was trying to copy the tone of Nolans batman movies. Turned out to be light hearted and fun, and the same people started complaining it wasn't dark enough and didn't take itself as seriously as they hoped :unsure:

• Like 1

The hilarious thing is, when the first teaser hit, people actually complained that it seemed too dark and gritty and claimed it was trying to copy the tone of Nolans batman movies. Turned out to be light hearted and fun, and the same people started complaining it wasn't dark enough and didn't take itself as seriously as they hoped :unsure:

I was actually disappointed it wasn't dark and gritty. When I saw the trailer, I went crazy. Then, when it came out a friend saw it on first night and said it was funny and light I said fuck it and didn't watch it anymore.

I was actually disappointed it wasn't dark and gritty. When I saw the trailer, I went crazy. Then, when it came out a friend saw it on first night and said it was funny and light I said fuck it and didn't watch it anymore.

I was disappointed that Ben Kinglsey wasn't the villain, but on second viewing I loved it.