The Dark Alfred

Cayom Year 3 Superbowl Spots

So it seems like Y3 became alive.To make it more fun I though we could do Superbowl spots for our films. Here's the deal. Describe a 30 second tv spot for your film,. Make it very short. We'll vote for the best spots and the top 3 ranked spot would get a benefit of 10m, 5m and 3m higher opening weekend. Now it's up to you whether you wanna promote your blockbuster or your film that you think needs more support (it worked out well for Act of Valor this year).To be fair, each person can submit only two tv spots, whether it's for the same film or for two different projects, it's up to you. There will be 15 tv spots,so first come first serve.Just post the title of the film you want the tv spot and once we have the full list you can post the description. It should be short and simple, doesn't take much time to write, but could be fun to see the poll results.

We need a rule about how far in the future they can come out-no later then mid July.

Well if it's a huge Blockbuster like The Hobbit, it could come out in December, and still have a Superbowl TV spot technically.

The spot should be really short. It could be three sentences really or a bit more if you wanna do many short cuts involved. It all should describe 30 seconds. I don't even know what I'm gonna do for mines lol Should be fun. Once we have 15 films, we could post the details then we do a quick poll and results should be up before we start doing actuals.

The Haunting in Wisconsin 30 Second Superbowl Spot (All the writing in the TV Spot is blood)

*Number 2 Productions Logo Comes Up*

We see an empty kitchen. Two little children with masks on appear around the corner and pull out knives and walk toward the camera. They look at the camera and then rip off their masks and we see they have a face with no mouth or eyes just hair, ears, and nose.

*During the rest of the TV Spot we hear a girl possessed count "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, ect*

This February

From Sami Rami director of The Evil Dead Trilogy

And Gore Verbinski director of The Ring

True Horror

Returns

In a Cinematic Event for a New Generation

*We hear a girl's voice stop's counting and the next images are very fast pace*

Suddenly we see a demon emerge from a wall

A boy bangs on a door trying to escape

A girl is hurled across the room

A wall of fire rips across the floor in front of three people

A girl rocks back and forth screaming and covering her ears

We see a picture of a child being sacrificed

The Haunting in Wisconsin

Experience the Horror at Midnight on Wednesday the 13th

Edited by Andrew the Alien

I don't think the best spots should get a boost. Heck Battleship was considered to have the best spot at this years Superbowl.

It's also impossible to enforce. If the person doing actuals thinks that Film X should have a 40m OW but it got a bonus from the Superbowl Spot, he'll just have the actual come in at 40m minus the bonus so it evens out.

So you're telling me that studios spend millions for Superbowl spots and it's all waste of money? Act of Valor wouldn't have done 40m without Superbowl. I don't know who's going to do actuals, but the way it's gonna work is that you PM your vote and I'm only going to release the results when the person, who's doing the year finished with his job, so he won't be influenced by the outcome. I will be messaging the person, so it will go smoothly, trust me. Superbowl is one of the main marketing events of every studio each year, so it's only fitting that we do the same in CAYOM/

So you're telling me that studios spend millions for Superbowl spots and it's all waste of money? Act of Valor wouldn't have done 40m without Superbowl. I don't know who's going to do actuals, but the way it's gonna work is that you PM your vote and I'm only going to release the results when the person, who's doing the year finished with his job, so he won't be influenced by the outcome. I will be messaging the person, so it will go smoothly, trust me. Superbowl is one of the main marketing events of every studio each year, so it's only fitting that we do the same in CAYOM/

What I'm telling you is that the person who does actuals has final say and if he thinks Film X should open to 40 million, then he is going to fudge the numbers, even with this "boost" to make sure it happens this way.We're not in real life and some real life things are impossible to simulate. Marketing effects is one of them.
  • Like 1

I say it's cool to just do them for fun. As Numbers said, there's no way to determine that it would have any effect on the gross. Salvation might make 150 million opening weekend. With the Superbowl ad maybe it would add 5 million, so you'd think 155 million, but the guy doing the actuals might want just 150, so really 145 + 5 million = 150 million.

Who's doing the actuals? I will contact the person, so I will make sure that he doesn't know the result of the Superbowl polls, therefore the poll winner does get the benefit. It's based on trust obviously as you can fudge the number with a huge second weekend drop, but I expect the person doing actuals to appreciate the spots. My bad, but I still believe in people.