Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

WWZ:

Opening day Paris Periphery :

World War Z : 92 178

Best opening of the year. To compare with a film release during "la fête du cinema" :

Transformers 3 was 63 126

Ice age 4 (very different) : 90 314

WWZ:96 541

DM2:74 292

Edited by efialtes76

That's a great drop but it didn't have any direct competition.

Whether you believe it or not DM2 is a 4 quadrant movie. World War Z and any movie that comes out in the future will be direct competition.

Whether you believe it or not DM2 is a 4 quadrant movie. World War Z and any movie that comes out in the future will be direct competition.

WWZ is competition for DM2 the same way any film would be, in which case it isn't worth mentioning, that's just the way the the business works, new films come out every week.

WWZ is competition for DM2 the same way any film would be, in which case it isn't worth mentioning, that's just the way the the business works, new films come out every week.

But DM2 appeals to all 4 demographics and though kids should be the strongest for DM2, the college crowd and teens make up a huge portion of its audience. WWZ is big competition and it held up well, why do you think it's not competition and that DM2 didn't hold up well?

But DM2 appeals to all 4 demographics and though kids should be the strongest for DM2, the college crowd and teens make up a huge portion of its audience. WWZ is big competition and it held up well, why do you think it's not competition and that DM2 didn't hold up well?

I said that it did hold up well, I just think competition in general is highly overrated. Look at the weekend DH2 opened to massive numbers, the holdovers had normal drops anyway. So if everything can hold well against DH2, then I don't think DM2 should have much trouble because of the far smaller WWZ, with which it doesn't particularly share the same audience, I doubt WWZ made even a 1% difference to DM2's numbers.

I said that it did hold up well, I just think competition in general is highly overrated. Look at the weekend DH2 opened to massive numbers, the holdovers had normal drops anyway. So if everything can hold well against DH2, then I don't think DM2 should have much trouble because of the far smaller WWZ, with which it doesn't particularly share the same audience, I doubt WWZ made even a 1% difference to DM2's numbers.

If WWZ didn't come out this weekend the drop would've been far less.