The Creator

2.4 "Rising from the Ashes"

The Creator Challenge - Resurrection

Townzy89 took a huge gamble with the first ever use of the Creator Challenge. There were two possible outcomes: one saw the resurrection of "The Firerisers" with Townzy and Alfred reprising their former team, and the other saw the elimination of Townzy89. It was a big risk definitely, and this may explain why no one has ever attempted this Challenge before. The risk is just too high. Now we move on to the results:

Townzy89:

84.27%

The Creator:

92.29%

And so perhaps there is reason no one has dared do this Challenge before, because we can never be sure of the risk. I must confess that I myself am surprised by these results. I feel Townzy took a huge risk here, made a very bold move, and I regret that this was the outcome. Townzy and Alfred were star players last season. In an unexpected and unexplainable action, both have already been eliminated this season. I am alarmed by this. I had both players pegged for making it to the top ten again, like last season. But "The Knights" show no mercy. Townzy becomes the first member of the season to leave without being slain by "The Knights", yet it is a crushing blow. We had perhaps an opportunity to mix things up here; this was a quest that had never been tried before: the resurrection of an eliminated player.

Now this was perhaps a questionable decision on my part, but I feel it is entirely justifiable. Alfred had been targetted not by his performance this season but by his performance last season. Indeed, looking at the two weeks Alfred played this season, we see he put up an average performance at best. Yet he was targeted as a threat simply because last season he came out of nowhere the last few weeks and dominated, then rose to the top at the very end, beating acsc in the finale. So Alfred's early elimination this season was based merely on his performance last season and not by his performance this season, and I was a bit upset by this. I do not show bias here, but I could not help but feel that Alfred was never going to be given a chance this season unless he could land in the top 3 at some point, yet within the first two weeks he made two slight blunders and that cost him. I knew then that Alfred would be eliminated.

Alfred's elimination was justifiable. It was entirely within the rights bestowed upon "The Knights". The same goes for all those who have thus far been eliminated (Rich, InFamous, Tawasal, and whatever player shall be eliminated this week). "The Knights" have here done something no team has ever accomplished before: they've won four weeks in a row. This is turning in to their game. So we have incentive to overthrow them: that is, to avoid your elimination. Last season's star players are being targeted based more on their performance last season than on their performance this season, which may have been expected but which also does sadden me a bit because one slip up means elimination. Already we've had Alfred, Townzy, RichWS, CEDAR, and Xeno targeted based on their performances last season.

This has just opened my eyes to what will come in the Second Chance Challenge. I believe each season should be judged as its own season, which is why I didn't reward Alfred a slew of points for winning last season as I thought that would be unfair. I did play my hand a bit here in the Resurrection Challenge but at considerable risk to Townzy. However, seeing that Townzy was so willing to accept his own elimination if he could possibly resurrect his long-standing partner Alfred made me appreciate the value of alliance, which is what this game is all about. Alliance. In an ode to Townzy and Alfred, I do applaud their hard work last season as "The Firerisers" and lament their downfall this season. They made for a great and strong team and are two of the most supportive teammates I've seen from both seasons. I can't think of many others who would have risked this Creator Challenge to resurrect a teammate, especially since in the end you will have to turn on your allies as well as your enemies.

But the hard work and dedication conveyed by Townzy and Alfred, who stood by each other even when they went against each other, has swayed me to the following: the Second Chance Challenge will now resurrect two players. When I implement this Challenge in a forthcoming week, the two highest scoring people will be returned to the game as a new team. If those two happen to be Townzy and Alfred, they will reprise "The Firerisers". More details will be posted later. I do not yet know when this Second Chance Challenge will go down, but certainly in the near future. Already we have lost 4 players with a 5th on the way this week, so the pacing this season is definitely going by more swiftly than last season.

Townzy made the ultimate sacrifice here. Good work both seasons.

And now I also wish to applaud "The Crimson Knights." I know they have been running this show so far, which has made for a "one way train" (Alfred), but sometimes skill can definitely go a long way in this game. Totem and Riczhang have both done a damn fine job so far this season and they obviously have some good strategy. I do wonder if one of the other many teams will overcome them.

Good luck to all remaining teams. We'll be down to just 5 teams this week. Wow, that was fast. This season does seem to be going by in a heartbeat.

The Challenge - Week 4

Xenozodiac and Electric enterred The Challenge this week, and only one will survive. Here are their scores:

Electric:

79.00%

XenoZodiac:

94.83%

Sorry to see you bow out so soon Electric, but that's the way the game works and you always have another shot to get back in with the upcoming Second Chance Challenge. Xeno will remain with Doc on "The Black Stallions". Electric's departure leaves Goffe Rises alone on "Rising Stars". Unfortunately, it is too late to reassign him to a new team for this week as that would be unfair to any team that could have collaborated with him before the deadline, so for this weekend only Goffe will remain as the sole member of "Rising Stars", and "The Crimson Knights" will reassign him to the team of their choice next week, even if they don't win as it is their decision from this week.

Edited by The Creator