diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

31 minutes ago, abra said:

Current presales (+1 hours to go till midnight )

01.  569 980    (79.2%) Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Current presales (+0,5 hours to go till midnight )

01.  584 972  (79.0%) Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

• Like 2

South Korea Tuesday Box Office (6/5)

POSTER

Admissions      Total     Gross   Daily%  weekly%  screens                Title
1   152,315  3,801,136   $1.16m +29.4%  +9.7%    [1412]              Believer
2    34,218  3,678,731   $266K +24.4%  -22.7%    [738]           Deadpool 2
3    12,293 11,157,200   $101K +42.3% +9.01%    [420]  Avengers: Infinity War
4     7,397    301,746    $52K  +30.4%  -31.5%    [330]          Truth or Dare
5     4,782     211,215    $33K +34.6%  -50.9%    [341]   Solo: a star wars story

Cumulative gross

[Avengers: Infinity War]: $92.5M

[Deadpool 2]: $30.07M

Current presales (Midnight)

01. 596,941 (76.2%) Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

02.   60,800   (8.6%) Believer

03.   41,778   (4.1%) Pokemon: The rise of Darkrai

04.     9,859   (1.6%) Deadpool 2

05.     7,291   (1.3%) I Feel PRETTY

• Like 3

0000390591_001_20180605163432136.jpg?typ

Along with the gods 2 slated for August 1 release date. It's a prime release frame but it's worth noting that there was a lot of controversy with two of the major supporting characters being axed from the film due to their involvement in a sexual harassment scandal. What's worse is that the majority of shooting was completed at the time so they had to do significant reshoots. They brought in Ma dong-suk to fill in the role Oh Dal-su so it'll be interesting to see how smoothly he'll fit in to that role. Considering the success of the first movie, not getting +10M admissions would be seen as a failure for this film. 

lG58ZDY.png

Song Kang-ho's movie which was slated for a summer release was pushed back to Winter and we got this instead. It looks pretty interesting too. The title is Jin Roh (人狼) and it's a Korean adaptation of a Japanese animation of the same name which was wildly popular in Korea. Jin Roh the original animation is set in an alternate universe 1950s Japan which has been colonized by the German Nazis and follows kakuzi Fuse, a member of the elite Kerberos Panzer Cops, a metropolitan antiterror unit. The Korean adaptation is set in 2029 in which South Korea and North Korea is preparing for reunification and the struggle between special forces police and the intelligence agency for battle of supremacy. Jin Roh is played by Kang Dong-won, an actor that I rate really highly very much looking forward to this.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fish&chips said:

0000390591_001_20180605163432136.jpg?typ

Along with the gods 2 slated for August 1 release date. It's a prime release frame but it's worth noting that there was a lot of controversy with two of the major supporting characters being axed from the film due to their involvement in a sexual harassment scandal. What's worse is that the majority of shooting was completed at the time so they had to do significant reshoots. They brought in Ma dong-suk to fill in the role Oh Dal-su so it'll be interesting to see how smoothly he'll fit in to that role. Considering the success of the first movie, not getting +10M admissions would be seen as a failure for this film. 

lG58ZDY.png

Song Kang-ho's movie which was slated for a summer release was pushed back to Winter and we got this instead. It looks pretty interesting too. The title is Jin Roh (人狼) and it's a Korean adaptation of a Japanese animation of the same name which was wildly popular in Korea. Jin Roh the original animation is set in an alternate universe 1950s Japan which has been colonized by the German Nazis and follows kakuzi Fuse, a member of the elite Kerberos Panzer Cops, a metropolitan antiterror unit. The Korean adaptation is set in 2029 in which South Korea and North Korea is preparing for reunification and the struggle between special forces police and the intelligence agency for battle of supremacy. Jin Roh is played by Kang Dong-won, an actor that I rate really highly very much looking forward to this.  

Omg!!! Oh Dal Su is a great actor but Ma Dong Suk is :wub::wub::wub: so personally that’s an upgrade to me lol.

Jin Roh’s plot sounds good. Thanks for the summary introduction! Imma add that on my to-watch list for Korean movies.

• Like 1

JW2 briefly overtook the final presales of Civil War at about 5am this morning, just before some really early shows removed about 3k of sales. (Shows starting within 2 hours have their sales taken off)

So absolutely phenomenal that it's reached Civil War heights. 

Depending on how many of those are for the Holiday today, and depending on walk-ups, this movie could be humungous :o 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

You think it can beat IW's 1,317,659 single day record? :o

If it does that, I think it has a serious chance of overtaking IW here.

ive just seen it at midnight showing in UK, and it's pure Dino fun, and not too scary for families, although perhaps under 5s should keep out for the deadly parts (5 mins max).

I really feel WOM is gonna be fantastic here and China

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Not that I don’t see JW2 doing well (it will) but I feel like the Memorial Day holiday is skewing the pre-sales data. Even if it breaks the single day record, that’s no telling of its BO prospect in the long run. 

I mean, Memorial Day/OD record was broken just last year by The Mummy of all movies lol.

Sorry for being a downer, I had to do it, cause it could be dangerous to have @Brainbug being too excited and happy around here :ph34r: 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Sam said:

Not that I don’t see JW2 doing well (it will) but I feel like the Memorial Day holiday is skewing the pre-sales data. Even if it breaks the single day record, that’s no telling of its BO prospect in the long run. 

I mean, Memorial Day/OD record was broken just last year by The Mummy of all movies lol.

Sorry for being a downer, I had to do it, cause it could be dangerous to have @Brainbug being too excited and happy around here :ph34r: 

How dare you. It will definitely hold better than the mummy...:ph34r:

But yeah, challenging IW seems unlikely in the extreme even with a huge opening. We've never had a 10M adm film from June for one thing. I would be flabbergasted if Fallen Kingdom went that far. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Too bad we can’t open A4 on Memorial Day :ph34r:

Avengers release frame is perfect mate, it gets a whole bunch of holidays in May. With regards to opening, biggest OD admissions, biggest single day admissions, biggest 3 day weekend gross. IRMC. 

• Like 1

Just approaching noon local time. 

Very early naver ratings

Netizen: 8.93/10.0 (352 votes)

Audience: 9.38/10.0 (88 votes)

For the sake of comparison:

Jurassic world (2015) Naver ratings

Netizen: 7.88/10.0 (7,795 votes)

Audience: 8.26/10.0 (18,182 votes)

FK's rating will continue falling but for early ratings it's pretty decent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sam said:

Anything above JW's gross would be totally unexpected for me. So atm it looks like ill have no reason to not praise South Korea lol.

• Like 1