diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Week drops:Turbo:+90%Red 2:-56%Wolverine:-86%

Yup, that's expected. I figured so is the case with Snowpiercer in its second weekend. The problem is not whether WOM is okay or not, but to hold screens, and seems like not many movies got much screens. Turbo doing well cause it's the first kid movie in months. Red 2, Lee Byung Hun, enough said. Something has to take the damage.

My class of 10-11 year olds today were saying Turbo is great. It has had competition from Doraemon and another Korean animation I think but its winning and looks like it could outgross smurfs too. (interest in turbo 9%, smurfs 7%)

Snowpiercer got opened wide a day early (previews became a full on release) because presales were so high.

I say that even with rancid word of mouth, this still beat Iron Man. It's target is Miracle in cell 7.

My class of 10-11 year olds today were saying Turbo is great. It has had competition from Doraemon and another Korean animation I think but its winning and looks like it could outgross smurfs too. (interest in turbo 9%, smurfs 7%)

Snowpiercer got opened wide a day early (previews became a full on release) because presales were so high.

I say that even with rancid word of mouth, this still beat Iron Man. It's target is Miracle in cell 7.

Beating IM3????? So we can expect more than 70m?

Beating IM3????? So we can expect more than 70m?

It will go past it in admissions I believe.

In June Secretly greatly had a what will probably be similarly strong opening weekend (5 day 2.7M) and even as an immensly front loaded film that had uncharacteristically high drops, it made 6.9M admissions.

IM3 had 9M admissions. With summer holidays in effect now, Independence Day, Chuseok and maybe even foundation day all in range, this should beat that unless it is totally rubbish. 

Hell with Chris Evans in the lead it even could get an 'Avengers effect' :D

• Like 2

It will go past it in admissions I believe.In June Secretly greatly had a what will probably be similarly strong opening weekend (5 day 2.7M) and even as an immensly front loaded film that had uncharacteristically high drops, it made 6.9M admissions.IM3 had 9M admissions. With summer holidays in effect now, Independence Day, Chuseok and maybe even foundation day all in range, this should beat that unless it is totally rubbish. Hell with Chris Evans in the lead it even could get an 'Avengers effect' :D

:rofl: Dat Avengers Effect is a strong force I tell ya. Yeah, I believe Snowpiercer will do well too even with so-so WOM. Song Kang Ho-Director Bong combo I'm sure will draw crowds no matter what. and it's not like the movie is a total disaster.Speaking about Chris Evans, would live to hear your review of him in the role too. He's also one if the reasons I'm very interested in Snowpiercer, I love him as an actor.