CAYOM Year 3 (Part 2) (Post Your BO Predictions)

Some predictions:possible 100+ openers:Genesis - seems to be getting a lot of attention and has a very good summer opening spot only opening against 51 (which I believe was badly reviewed) and Was Kilroy Here? (which is only opening in 3 theaters)Divergent - Also seems to be garnering a lot of attention and opening in a good spot. A few have called it the "Hunger Games" of Year 3Salvation - Probably has the best chance at a 100+ opening seeing as its the sequel to Apocalypse which currently holds the opening weekend record with 110 million and it currently ranks as the second highest grossing movies of all timeInterconnected: Culmination - Probably a lower chance at 100+ but it is still possible. The first Interconnected opened to over 70 million back in Year 1 and if the series continues to get interest it's possible that it could end up with 100+. However chances are it would end up very front-loaded if it gets that high

Not really sure if there are any other months with possible 100+ openers but November has a pretty good shot. I'd say Morrow II could open above 100 but being in December it'll most like open lower. Even if the first opened to 96 Morrow II is most likely opening much lower. It'll hold well though and probably end up taking first against most of Year 4's openers in January

Some predictions:possible 100+ openers:Genesis - seems to be getting a lot of attention and has a very good summer opening spot only opening against 51 (which I believe was badly reviewed) and Was Kilroy Here? (which is only opening in 3 theaters)Divergent - Also seems to be garnering a lot of attention and opening in a good spot. A few have called it the "Hunger Games" of Year 3Salvation - Probably has the best chance at a 100+ opening seeing as its the sequel to Apocalypse which currently holds the opening weekend record with 110 million and it currently ranks as the second highest grossing movies of all timeInterconnected: Culmination - Probably a lower chance at 100+ but it is still possible. The first Interconnected opened to over 70 million back in Year 1 and if the series continues to get interest it's possible that it could end up with 100+. However chances are it would end up very front-loaded if it gets that high

I don't see Salvation or Interconnected making it. Walker might make it, but audiences like films with no substance, and lots of action, so it should make it. Bartimaeus has a chance, and I'd say Planeswalker will make it. Morrow more than likely will, as it was only 4 million short of 100M 2 years ago on the same weekend, and the sequel should increase in gross at least for OW.

I'd say The Morrow will probably make less than the original but I suppose its OW would possible be higher. There isn't really any comparable scenario to look at until Avatar 2 comes out. I'd still say Salvation has a shot because even if it ultimately grosses lower than Apocalypse it should at least make over 100

March

Wolves of the Deep

OW: 56.7

Total: 159.2

Quentin Tarantino's The Last Projectionist

OW: 27.4

Total: 70.4

Green Eggs and Ham

OW: 36.2

Total: 129.4

Prodigy

OW: 64.8

Total: 204.5

Barco de Oro

OW (Wide): 3.7

Total: 17.9

Sam and Max Hit the Road

OW: 42.9

Total: 146.0

Agent McCoy

OW: 31.6

Total: 88.5

Divergent

OW: 51.6

Total: 166.2

So Year 1 The Morrow super over-performed with over 600m but last year the highest grossing movie made less than half of what it made. Meaning The Morrow is still the only 400+ grosser. Anyone think any movies have a shot at 400+ this year? Minus The Morrow II I mean =P

So Year 1 The Morrow super over-performed with over 600m but last year the highest grossing movie made less than half of what it made. Meaning The Morrow is still the only 400+ grosser. Anyone think any movies have a shot at 400+ this year? Minus The Morrow II I mean =P

All lot of the big budgets do, I mean if TA, and THG ended up grossing 600M+, and 400M+, nothing's impossible. :P

That is Ry for you...he had his own film drop 40% on Thanksgiving weekend had even had his own film top the year....

:wtf:And would you happen to know roughly when Year 4 would be starting, as I am away for 2 weeks in August. Edited by riczhang