CJohn

Skyfall OS thread - 1,000.2M WW (289.6M+710.6M)

It's funny how you're circling Skyfall's inevitable rise over RotK as a slight against LOTR, like just about over taking a decade old film means much. Skyfall is doing gangbusters and long may it continue to climb the charts, but get a grip man!   :lol:

On another note, are there any other minor territories remaining after the China release?

Edited by Gazz

What went right with this movie? Why did it do gangbusters compared to the other 2 movies DC did? CR and QoS were both hits, but nothing on this level!

So many factors good movie, 4 year wait built up anticipation, 50 th anniversary of bond films in 2012, the stunt in the olympic ceremony extc.

Is it inevitable thou still got around $30 mil to go so may fall just short. ROTK would of made over a billion at least OS in todays terms so Skyfall is not nearly as popular relatively.

Not really. Shriekapoo didn`t have the OS jump due to ticket sales increase but due to favorable exchange rate.

• Like 1

Not really. Shriekapoo didn`t have the OS jump due to ticket sales increase but due to favorable exchange rate.

You have proof that RotK's ticket sales were lacking or lagging behind? 

Edited by Gazz

Surely Return of the king did more as some markets such as russia and China where virtually non existent compared to today. Still even if favourable exchange helped in 2003 do they explain the big increase between the two towers and the return of king?Anyway were comparing ROTK to Skyfall and Skyfall has benefit from increase in tickets by large amount in major markets such as the UK and much of europe.

Edited by htall90

Surely Return of the king did more as some markets such as russia and China where virtually non existent compared to today. Still even if favourable exchange helped in 2003 do they explain the big increase between the two towers and the return of king?Anyway were comparing ROTK to Skyfall and Skyfall has benefit from increase in tickets by large amount in major markets such as the UK and much of europe.

Skyfall has benefit of many increases and I don`t argue that Shriekapoo adjusted to all that made more. I just want it do crash on paper because I hate Shitto and enjoy seeing anything that has her in it fall. She shouldn`t have been cast because she was so fuckin wrong. Ruined those movies for me.

Edited by fishnets

You know you don't have to watch the films, right?

Yes and I haven`t seen Shriekapoo and TTT since 2002 and 2003 respectively. And that`s a tragedy because I`m a big fan of books and FOTR. Huge fan. So this stupid ugly shrieking ho ruined movies for me. Tragic. I`m happy that they sank her career. Well, she sank it because she stank. Shitto stinks career sinks. Biggest career suicide since Showgirls.

Edited by fishnets

Well she won awards for playing Eowyn and then went on to have a child while filming War of the Worlds..

She returned to doing mostly Australian TV, which she was doing before, interspersed with the odd movie, like she was doing before. Hardly career suicide, it was just a continuation of her career. Most of the Aussie/kiwi actors in LOTR returned to the TV and the odd movie, like they were doing before..

LOTR may not have been a big breakout for most of them, but it was hardly career suicide. There is a limit to the number of roles for Aussies in Hollywood, especially if they cant fake an American accent..

You have proof that RotK's ticket sales were lacking or lagging behind? 

FOTR was, in most countries, the most attended of the trilogy (I give three links of attendance of LOTR in Europe). But the exchange rate rise was outstanding from 2001 to 2003.

And today, exchange rates are even higher than in 2003. Skyfall has had better exchange rates than ROTK had. In fact, I do not discard some small final adjusts in lately Eurozone numbers for movies like BD2, Skyfall or Hobbit given today 1€=1.37$ and when these movies were released the exchange rate was about 1.30.

FOTR: http://lumiere.obs.coe.int/web/film_info/?id=17253

TTT: http://lumiere.obs.coe.int/web/film_info/?id=18679

ROTK: http://lumiere.obs.coe.int/web/film_info/?id=20301

Edited by peludo

Well she won awards for playing Eowyn and then went on to have a child while filming War of the Worlds..

She returned to doing mostly Australian TV, which she was doing before, interspersed with the odd movie, like she was doing before. Hardly career suicide, it was just a continuation of her career. Most of the Aussie/kiwi actors in LOTR returned to the TV and the odd movie, like they were doing before..

LOTR may not have been a big breakout for most of them, but it was hardly career suicide. There is a limit to the number of roles for Aussies in Hollywood, especially if they cant fake an American accent..

I`m sorry but what awards did she win for Eowimp? I`m talking about relevant awards and populist crap like Poeple`s Choice, Teen Choice, MTV MA and Nickleodeon? She was nominated for none of those. NONE. She didn`t get a single critical award. She couldn`t even win irrelevant shit she was nominated for in the Shriekapoo package like Empire and JoBlo awards which went to Renee Zellweger. Yeah, even geeks voted for Zelly. So, please, don`t even try to hype that character as someone who happened for even 5 seconds. Poeple who wanted to vote for a blonde with a sword voted for Uma THurman in Kill Bill who actually snagged GG and BAFTA nominations and won MTV MA.

As for having a child, please, enough of her child being so high maitenance or so OMG important that she had to forsake her career to take care of the little shit. Blanchett has 3 children, 2 younger than Mini Shitto, Angelina has 6 children at least 3 of them younger than Mini-Shitto. Those actresses have a real career. Mini-Shitto is no reason for Shitto`s return to oblivion on both sides of the ocean. It`s Shitto`s shitty LOTR stint that failed to catch the eye or totally turned off. And shame on her for usin the kid card to explain why her career is sitting in the toilet. "I was offered a starring role in a TV show but I turned it down because I wanted an ensamble role so I could spend more time with my kid." or something along those lines was her explanation why she signed for Cashmere Mafia, a few-episode living show that critics called the worst new show of the season. Bullshit. She wasn`t offered a starring role because she`s a nobody which is why she didn`t name the show. I don`t get it why you are so bent on defending this loser. Nobody returns to local TV after a stint on a huge Hollywood franchise unless they have no choice due to zero demand. And zero demand happens when a stint on a huge franchise isn`t memorable or is downright awful. There.

Who cares what other actresses do when they have kids, its an individual thing. Maybe she wanted to actually raise her child rather than have someone else do it for her. Living in Australia makes it harder for her to do Hollywood stuff and her husband is a successful actor as well. Not everyone wants to move to LA (god forbid). Ive known plenty of women who give up big careers for their kids.

So what if she hasn't won 'big' awards, half those that have didn't deserve it anyway. She was fine in the part, but the part was annoying and i doubt it would have been less so if anyone else had done it.

If you ever watch any Australian or NZ TV you will recognise a whole load of the actors from LOTR, Most of them did it, and went back to TV. It was Jacksons decision to recruit locally, noty all for them wanted to get into Hollywood. You need to stop judging everyone by your own bizarre standards.

Edited by Rovex
  • Like 1

Who cares what other actresses do when they have kids, its an individual thing. Maybe she wanted to actually raise her child rather than have someone else do it for her. Living in Australia makes it harder for her to do Hollywood stuff and her husband is a successful actor as well. Not everyone wants to move to LA (god forbid). Ive known plenty of women who give up big careers for their kids.

So what if she hasn't won 'big' awards, half those that have didn't deserve it anyway. She was fine in the part, but the part was annoying and i doubt it would have been less so if anyone else had done it.

If you ever watch any Australian or NZ TV you will recognise a whole load of the actors from LOTR, Most of them did it, and went back to TV. It was Jacksons decision to recruit locally, noty all for them wanted to get into Hollywood. You need to stop judging everyone by your own bizarre standards.

Dude, you have no clue. Shitto moved to LA because there were more opportunities. That`s what she said. It didn`t pan out. So, no, she didn`t bomb because she wanted to. She bombed because she bombed,OK? Nobody takes a part in a big franchise for experience only. or in oscar campaign. She agreed to be campaigned for Shriekapoo. It failed epically. At least learn the facts before you try to argue. I`m sorry but all you are saying is "maybe she this, maybe she that". There`s no "maybe" in my posts because I know how things went. She didn`t opt for obscurity but had nowhere else to go. Now she`s trying to justify it by trumping the great mother card. Fuck that shit. It`s belittling  actresses who have great careers and kids. When you say "I turned down a lead in a TV show because I wanted to spend more time with my kid so I was seeking ensamble piece" it`s saying "I`m a good mom and you are not" and that`s uncalled for. Just fuckin say what eevryone knows that is true, that you aren`t in demand. But this attempt to make Julianne Margulies and Tina Fey and other actress-mother who had leading lady engagement on TV at that time is proposterous arrogance. Fuckin stupid bitch. No wonder she bombed. Stupid, liar and dismissive of her colleages.

I agree she had some cringe worthy moments in ROTK but this level of hate is hilarious.

Hating on a loser is better than hating on a winner. You win in former case and lose in latter case. Like people hating on George Clooney. Stupid. They don`t see the big picture which is that Clooney`s fuckin smart and is in here to stay for a long time. cause he`s smart. OTOH, there`s no big picture in Shitto case. She stank, she sank,end.