CJohn

Frozen OS thread

According to the Swedish film institute, Frozen stayed on top of the Swedish box office for this weekend as well, making it number one for five weekends in a row. The Pirate Fairy (A Disney ToonStudios Tinkerbell film) took second place. The Lego movie is in 4th place, and a local animation is in 7th place. Animation rules the box office here right now, but even with all the competition, Frozen refuses to budge from the top spot.

5 weeks at #1, awesome! So, do we have any rough estimates as to how much it's made in Sweden yet? I'm kind of curious to see how it's doing compared to Tangled.

Edit- It looks like BOM isn't too out of date, it has Frozen at $7,320,520 as of Feb. 23, so only a week out of date.

Edited by Incarnadine

Glad to see frozen getting sing along in many different countries! Sadly in south korea there has hardly been any advertising of the sing along version and many people don't even know about it or what it is. Atm, there's a good chance it won't boost tickets sales by any significant margin... :(

Edited by Rsyu

Glad to see frozen getting sing along in many different countries! Sadly in south korea there has hardly been any advertising of the sing along version and many people don't even know about it or what it is. Atm, there's a good chance it won't boost tickets sales by any significant margin... :(

http://image2.megabox.co.kr/Images/Movie/006685/25.jpg

Posted Image

• Like 2

Yes, I download it from one of the biggest movie distributors MegaBox website.

I said it's not being advertised. Putting a poster up on a movie distribution site isn't advertising. Also that poster doesn't say anything about sing along. Edited by Rsyu

Posted Image

Frozen will be in theater again 6-12 March in Thailand. Too bad it's only 2D and no sing along. I would love to see it in 3D or sing along or both! I've seen it 4 times already, 3 in Thai dubbed and 1 in English. I think I'll see it again, because why not right? and look at the poster! I love these sisters!

• Like 2

I said it's not being advertised. Putting a poster up on a movie distribution site isn't advertising. Also that poster doesn't say anything about sing along.

well, but judging from this weekend's Frozen showtime, it seems that the distributor has some confidence on sing-along.

The total weekend showtime for Frozen is around 1750 but the sing-along accounts for more than 1/4 (456 + )

Posted Image

That was fast. "Winner of Two Oscars" has already been included in the promo. Interesting that it also says "The 3rd biggest after Titanic and Avatar!", and then adds "6th weekend at the US box office" in small fonts lol.

• Like 5

Frozen will be in theater again 6-12 March in Thailand. Too bad it's only 2D and no sing along. I would love to see it in 3D or sing along or both! I've seen it 4 times already, 3 in Thai dubbed and 1 in English. I think I'll see it again, because why not right? and look at the poster! I love these sisters!

That's great! I wish they would re-release Frozen too in Indonesia. I wanna see it again in the theater. I mean Gravity was re-released today in 2D and IMAX 3D after the Oscars. Why not Frozen? :(

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PTk4yK4oVas New video about Frozen from a Japanese TV.

Awesome! Looks like it's getting some good coverage there :D Also I love that japanese version of let it go! Probably my second fave after the original
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PTk4yK4oVas

New video about Frozen from a Japanese TV. 

I just wish I knew Japanese so I could tell what they were saying about it. Hopefully there has been a lot of positive hype building over there the past few months  :)

• Like 2

I just wish I knew Japanese so I could tell what they were saying about it. Hopefully there has been a lot of positive hype building over there the past few months  :)

It must be a hot issue over there to be t.v broadcast worthy. We had nothing like that leading up to it's release in south korea! Of course Frozen wasn't a fullblown worldwide phenomenon then either :D wish we had some Japanese people on here to give us a sense of the hype
  • Like 2