Taylor

Monday Numbers (IA 5.3, ASM 4.3, Ted 3M)

Transformers 1 Monday number was 4.9m this same time in 2007.

Transformers made 317 million dollars. ASM is not going to come close to that, so naturally its Monday is going to be much lower.

Transformers made 317 million dollars. ASM is not going to come close to that, so naturally its Monday is going to be much lower.

4.3 compared to 4.9 is not a huge difference,. The point is ASM drops aren't worse than Transformers. ASM is performing like a smaller version of Transformers it seems

Arggh! I always over look crap when researching!!

Here. I'll simplify things for ya.

After a 4.3m 2nd Monday, TASM is at approx. 204.8m.

Hancock made 3.8m(or half a million less) on its second Monday and was at a total 167.9m.

That puts TASM around 37m ahead with TDKR looming. Hancock also had a ginormous Batman film(TDK) open on its 3rd weekend. If TASM stays at least 37m ahead of Hancock for the rest of its run, it makes 265m+. ;)

Hancock made 3.8m(or half a million less) on its second Monday and was at a total 167.9m.

That puts TASM around 37m ahead with TDKR looming. Hancock also had a ginormous Batman film(TDK) open on its 3rd weekend. If TASM stays at least 37m ahead of Hancock for the rest of its run, it makes 265m+. ;)

Yes, but ASM sucks and will inevitably drop 85% this weekend. 220 is where it will end up. :)
  • Like 2

So, with taking into consideration inflation, 3D and all the bullshit people use to try and bring this down... how is TASM holding up when compared to previous CBM reboots BB and SR?

So, with taking into consideration inflation, 3D and all the bullshit people use to try and bring this down... how is TASM holding up when compared to previous CBM reboots BB and SR?

Behind BB and right with SR. TASM would need to make at least 280m to even be in the BB admissions conversation. I think people forget just how much SR was buoyed by IMAX...and IMAX 3D(It had a few scenes specifically made for the format, like the plane scene).

IMAX 3D. Only certain scenes though.

Cool. I don't remember that, I guess that's how much of an impression the film made on me.
  • Like 1

Yes, but ASM sucks and will inevitably drop 85% this weekend. 220 is where it will end up. :)

While I don't post much,rarely have I disagreed wth you. Alas, this becomes the first (even if you wrote the above in jest)."Hancock" was not a good movie. In contrast, I enjoyed TASM. I will also admit, I was surprised that I enjoyed TASM (I actually expected a tired rehash of what was done). Therefore, I'm thinking $270M +/- $5M as the final sum.But hey, if it drops 85% this weekend, I will never doubt you again. :) Edited by doctoru2

While I don't post much,rarely have I disagreed wth you. Alas, this becomes the first (even if you wrote the above in jest)."Hancock" was not a good movie. In contrast, I enjoyed TASM. I will also admit, I was surprised that I enjoyed TASM (I actually expected a tired rehash of what was done). Therefore, I'm thinking $270M +/- $5M as the final sum.But hey, if it drops 85% this weekend, I will never doubt you again. :)

I agree with your total.....and yes I'm kidding. I don't think it will drop more than 60% tops this weekend, but probably closer to 55. I get why you and many others like it. It's got a lot to like for many people. I just couldn't get my complaints out of my head watching it and i think that doomed it regardless of its quality, in my mind anyway.