CJohn

Weekend Estimates pg 14: EX2: 13.5(-52.5%) Bourne 9.5 (.44%), no opener in top 5

She was a junkie. Her fans were in denial about it for many, many years because she "looked great" and because she DID lie to them about it repeatedly. You appear to still be in denial about it. Whitney looked amazing in the 90's even while being a crackhead. God blessed her with a beautiful face. Lately she looked terrible to me, but that was after 20 years of drug abuse. Eventually it catches up, no matter how good she looked back in the day.

As a big fan of Whitney, I was definitely in denial until I saw Being Bobby Brown. There was no denying after that.
  • Like 1

She was a junkie. Her fans were in denial about it for many, many years because she "looked great" and because she DID lie to them about it repeatedly. You appear to still be in denial about it. Whitney looked amazing in the 90's even while being a crackhead. God blessed her with a beautiful face. Lately she looked terrible to me, but that was after 20 years of drug abuse. Eventually it catches up, no matter how good she looked back in the day.

alright, have you now taking out all your frustration and hate? can we now move on? I mean, I can take any of your favorite's stars and focuse on the tons of bad things about them, but I won't sink that low. Just do it, with your perfect little selves, get rid of all your anti-Whitney feelings once and for all. Let it all out, wipe your perfect little asses with one of her pics if you want, but then please let's get back to talking about box office, OKAY? Edited by wboxoffice

alright, have you now taking out all your frustration and hate? can we now move on? who's next? Just do it, with your perfect little selves, get rid of all your anti-Whitney feelings once and for all. But then please let's get back to talking about box office, OKAY?

What frustration and hate? More like analyzing the facts of the situation. She was a drug addict and ruined her own life. There isn't anything wrong or hateful about acknowledging these facts.

What frustration and hate? More like analyzing the facts of the situation. She was a drug addict and ruined her own life. There isn't anything wrong or hateful about acknowledging these facts.

see you did it again. you don't have to repeat it several times, we get it. MOVE ON. And I wasn't talking specifically about you. I say even if Whitney blew up her head with a gun, she still accomplished and lived a fuller and bigger life than everyone on this board combined. So she didn't ruin anything, like she said herself during the Sparkle production, if she were to die she lived a full happy life. So stop judging her and thinking that she ruined her life, and focuse on your own. Edited by wboxoffice

Seems to me that you're the one who consistently ends up in a bunch of arguments on this topic. Maybe you should move on.

yes i will argue if some of you start dissing her personally. If someone is commenting on EXP2, and I say Arnold Schwarzenegger is a wife cheater, with a secret son, what an excuse for a man, I don't think it's appropriate and i expect people to jump in defending him or at least saying that it's not the place to talk about his personal life. I'm not the one who is judging Whitney and bring up her personal life or talking about overdose, even though that never happened. But I don't think you will ever get my point so maybe I'll start judging and putting down every celebrity here. All I want is to talk about box office, but if you guys are gonna talk about Whitney's personal life, then I will respond. Edited by wboxoffice

see you did it again. you don't have to repeat it several times, we get it. MOVE ON. And I wasn't talking specifically about you. I say even if Whitney blew up her head with a gun, she still accomplished and lived a fuller and bigger life than everyone on this board combined. So she didn't ruin anything, like she said herself during the Sparkle production, if she were to die she lived a full happy life. So stop judging her and thinking that she ruined her life, and focuse on your own.

She lived a happy life? Pull the other one. Look, you're Whitney Houston superfan. Great. But she was a drug addict and died a horrible, pitiful death. BECAUSE of her drug use. The facts may be unpleasant but they are the facts. Time to deal with them.
  • Like 2

yes i will argue if some of you start dissing her personally. If someone is commenting on EXP2, and I say Arnold Schwarzenegger is a wife cheater, with a secret son, what an excuse for a man, I don't think it's appropriate and i expect people to jump in defending him or at least saying that it's not the place to talk about his personal life. I'm not the one who is judging Whitney and bring up her personal life or talking about overdose, even though that never happened. But I don't think you will ever get my point so maybe I'll start judging and putting down every celebrity here. All I want is to talk about box office, but if you guys are gonna talk about Whitney's personal life, then I will respond.

Putting an awful lot of words in my mouth there, pal. I didn't diss her. I said she ruined her life with drug abuse. That's a fact. You seem to think that analyzing the facts is the same thing as insulting a person. It isn't.

I think wboxoffice is just saying that we should talk box office here, not personal life. I think he has a point.

Problem is he gets so defensive about it that he accuses people of saying things they never said. I never insulted Whitney, but there he is ranting about me "dissing" her.

Problem is he gets so defensive about it that he accuses people of saying things they never said. I never insulted Whitney, but there he is ranting about me "dissing" her.

most of my comments were towards coholes, i did say that i wasn' talking about you specifically, but you did keep repeating your statements. Why not just say OK, let's move on? I mean it's a fact that Arnold Schwarzengger is a big cheater, so I guess it means that I should be mentioning it because it's true? Yes Whitney did drugs, get over it, this is about box office and movies, not about her personal life. I corrected mostly stuff like "overdose". But guess what, someone in 2-3 pages will again talk about that, and I guess I'm supposed to ignore it. You are the ones who should stop, not me, I'm not the one judging her, I'm defending her from your judgements because it's not the place to talk bout them, wether you think they are facts or not. Edited by wboxoffice

most of my comments were towards coholes, i did say that i wasn' talking about you specifically, but you did keep repeating your statements. Why not just say OK, let's move on? I mean it's a fact that Arnold Schwarzengger is a big cheater, so I guess it means that I should be mention it because it's true? Yes Whiteny did drugs, get over it, this is about box office and movies, not about her personal life. I corrected mostly stuff like "overdose". But guess what, someone in 2-3 pages will again talk about that, and I guess I'm supposed to ignore it.

Yes, you should. If your goal is to talk about box office, then ignore it. A few weeks ago you and someone else completely threadjacked a Friday numbers thread when Sparkle wasn't even in theaters yet. My only point here originally was that her heart disease didn't just randomly happen. You do coke for 20 years and it will fuck with your heart. Plain and simple.

Yes, you should. If your goal is to talk about box office, then ignore it. A few weeks ago you and someone else completely threadjacked a Friday numbers thread when Sparkle wasn't even in theaters yet. My only point here originally was that her heart disease didn't just randomly happen. You do coke for 20 years and it will fuck with your heart. Plain and simple.

but the point is, I didn't bring up the coke comments, and it shouldn't have been brought up here just like nobody should be bringing any other actor's personal problems like I did with Arnold as an example. It's really simple. If someone is gonna say that she died of an overdose, then I will correct them cause it's false. If someone saids that she had a drug problem, then yeah even though it's not the board to talk about it, it would not be a fight cause yeah she did have drug issues. But do not change the facts and most importantly you guys should not even be talking about her personal life here, then I won't need to reply about it either. Edited by wboxoffice

but the point is, I didn't bring up the coke comments, and it shouldn't have been brought up here just like nobody should be bringing any other actor's personal problems like I did with Arnold as an example. It's really simple. If someone is gonna say that she died of an overdose, then I will correct them cause it's false. If someone saids that she had a drug problem, then yeah even though it's not the board to talk about it, it would not be a fight cause yeah she did have drug issues. But do not change the facts and most importantly you guys should not even be talking about her personal life here, then I won't need to comment on it.

You shouldn't "need" to comment on it at all if your goal is to not talk about it. If Cocho is bothering you (and I think she was the other person involved in your threadjack a couple weeks ago), then you should put her on your Ignore List.

You shouldn't "need" to comment on it at all if your goal is to not talk about it. If Cocho is bothering you (and I think she was the other person involved in your threadjack a couple weeks ago), then you should put her on your Ignore List.

or you guys could also be annoyed at him too and tell him to stop, just like you're doing to me. Actually someone did tell him in this thread that he was being harsh, but most of you didn't call him out but are telling me to stop defending her. How is that fair? why do i even need to defend her, why not tell cocholes that it's not the place to diss her like that to begin with? But anyways I definitely will add him to my ignore list. Now can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase go back to BOX OFFICE? I guess there's nothing to talk about this weekend, and I guess Whitney's past drug issues are still even more interesting than this boring weekend. lol Edited by wboxoffice

or you guys could also be annoyed at him too and tell him to stop, just like you're doing to me. Actually someone did tell him in this thread that he was being harsh, but most of you didn't call him out but are telling me to stop defending her. How is that fair? why do i even need to defend her, why not tell cocholes that it's not the place to diss her like that to begin with? But anyways I definitely will add him to my ignore list. Now can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase go back to BOX OFFICE? I guess there's nothing to talk about this weekend, and I guess Whitney's past drug issues are still even more interesting than this boring weekend. lol

Actually three weeks ago, I complained that both of you were writing long walls of text about something that had zilch to do with box office. Made that thread impossible to read on a mobile phone, which I was attempting to do at the time. They ended up removing all of the posts by both of you, and rightfully so.

Anyways, like I said, I'm not interested to talk about it anymore. Now going back to box office, what can we expect for next weekend, will the movies in general have a 4-day weekend increase over this 3-day weekend, or will the 4-day weekend still be lower?