3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

First Blood was an amazing film. Rambo was just as good and although Rambo III is not quite on par with those two fantastic films, I have to say that this installment is quite good. People critisize it because it is the thing to do. It is easy to critisize everything that Stallone does. But look closer at what this film is, listen more to what it has to say and it may not be the silly farce that people say it is.There is one particular scene where one of the Afghans is talking about how war is considered great if you have honour. It is an honour to be a martyr, it is an honour to die for Jesus Chirst or Allah or Buddha or The Easter Bunny. Now a days, people declare war in everyone's name. He then goes on to tell a story about how the Russians dropped toys into the villages and when little children picked them up, they exploded and took off an arm or scarred them for life or killed them."Where is the honour in that?" he wonders out loud.That is a good question. Maybe Rambo got carried away and the character became larger than life but the one thing that his character has always done in every film is have an anti war attitude. He never wants to fight, he just happens to be good at it. Rambo III is no different. This is a good film when it preaches to us.But let's face it. We don't want to watch Rambo films for it's politics, we want to watch it so we can see some ass kicking. We want to watch it so we can see some great stunts and lots of action and Stallone performing things that one man should not be able to do. And this film has lots of that. One scene in particular is so much fun that you almost forget how silly it is.Rambo has just been wounded in his obliques but he has to escape the Russian fortress. He does so by going through the sewers. He then gets to a safe haven in the mountains somewhere and he pushes the stick out of his side. He then dumps gun powder into his wound and lights it. A huge flame bursts out of both sides of his stomach and he yells in agony.It is a well done scene but it is so over the top that you have to laugh.Rambo III is fun, there is no doubt that. It's just that it is not quite as good as the other two and it is about this time in Stallone's career that he started to lose some of his popularity. I don't think he had a hit after this one until five years later when he did Cliffhanger. But, if you do like Rambo, then this should at least entertain you. I do like Rambo and like I said, I have to admit that I liked this film for all that it was.7 out of 10 Action and politics go well with this film.

To me this is the least best of the series. I can't say worst because that would infer that the movie is bad and it isn't. While it does strip away some of the parts of the other movies I like, it doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. It just goes all out in the action and that isn't a bad thing.

While for me not up to par with the previous 2 installments, it still is a good, fun movie.

B+

A pretty decent sequel, but I'm really curious as to what happened to stallone, in First blood part 2 he looked really massive and he still looked really well cut in this but it looks like Stallone lost like 30 or 40 pounds of muscle. Did anyone else notice this?Anyway B-/B