A Marvel Fanboy

The A List

Here is the thread to discuss current hottest actors/actresses in Hollywood, the A-list.

Actors:

Johnny Depp [Certificated]

Will Smith [Certificated]

Tom Cruise [Certificated]

Leonardo DiCaprio (#1 70s) [Certificated]

Robert Downey Jr. [Certificated]

Brad Pitt [Certificated]

Adam Sandler [Certificated]

Denzel Washington [Certificated]

Christian Bale [Certificated]

Mark Wahlberg [Certificated]

Matt Damon [Certificated]

Hugh Jackman [Certificated]

Russell Crowe [Certificated]

Ben Stiller [Certificated]

Bradley Cooper [Disputed]

Michael Fassbender [Disputed]

VinceVaughn [Disputed]

Owen Wilson [Disputed]

Chris Hemsworth (#1 80s) [Disputed]

Ryan Gosling [Disputed]

Chris Pine [Disputed]

Nicolas Cage [is he no more ?]

Robert Pattinson [Dismissed for only been in the Twilight movies]

Shia LaBeouf [Dismissed]

Charlie Sheen [Dismissed for being a TV actor ]

Actresses:

Meryl Streep [Certificated]

Angelina Jolie [Certificated]

Natalie Portman (#1 80s) [Certificated]

Reese Witherspoon [Certificated]

Cameron Diaz [Certificated]

Sandra Bullock [Certificated]

Jennifer Aniston [Certificated]

Charlize Theron [Certificated]

Keira Knightley [Dismissed by Fishnets ]

Anne Hathaway [Certificated]

Jessica Chastan [Disputed]

Milena Kunis [Disputed]

Katherine Heigl [Disputed]

Scarlett Johansson [is she now ?]

Kristen Stewart [Disputed]

Emma Stone [Disputed]

Emma Watson [Disputed]

Jennifer Lawrence (#1 90s) [Disputed]

Chloe Moretz [Dismissed for being too young ]

Edited by firedeep

There are 2 kinds of A-list actors/actresses1) The actors/actresses who are extremely well-known by the public and who have the ability to open their movies to consistently good numbers (this doesn't mean every movie has to be a success. Even A-listers make flops time to time).2) The actors/actresses who are extremely well-known to the public by their involvement in mega franchises or a string of hits and are shoved down the throat of the public by extreme media coverage. However they still don't have a proven ability to open their own films consistently. #2 A-listers are much less long-lived in the category than the #1 category.

• Like 1

Surely A-list in the movie world means you can headline a movie on your own and the movie would not be at a disadvantage, it could still be very successful. Robert Pattinson could not do that. He's just starred in the Twilight movies, doesn't mean he's A-list.Johnny Depp is A-list. Tom Cruise is A-list. Surely you can see the difference between these two and people like Michael Fassbender and Ryan Gosling, who are basically just supporting actors. Gosling having one great movie under his belt does not make him an A-list actor, and Fassbender playing Magneto does not make him an A-list actor either.

• Like 4

There are 2 kinds of A-list actors/actresses2) The actors/actresses who are extremely well-known to the public by their involvement in mega franchises or a string of hits and are shoved down the throat of the public by extreme media coverage. However they still don't have a proven ability to open their own films consistently. #2 A-listers are much less long-lived in the category than the #1 category.

Yeah, this isn't an A-lister for me.

There are 2 kinds of A-list actors/actresses1) The actors/actresses who are extremely well-known by the public and who have the ability to open their movies to consistently good numbers (this doesn't mean every movie has to be a success. Even A-listers make flops time to time).

But this is.

I don't think Moretz can be on the list yet and Lawrence is iffy. Lets wait til she is in something other than THG.IMO the only true A-list actresses are:Angelina JolieNatalie PortmanReese WitherspoonCameron DiazSandra BullockThese actress can sell a movie on their name be it box office or critical success.The Actors (shouldn't be there)Adam SandlerChristian BaleChris PineNicolas CageRobert PattinsonShia LaBeoufCharlie Sheen

• Like 1

Bradley CooperMichael FassbenderChris HemsworthRyan GoslingChris PineRobert PattinsonShia LaBeoufCharlie Sheen These are not A-list.

I agree, though I think a lot of those actors would fall into the category of up-and-comers or people that could become A-listers in time if they play their cards right.

Surely A-list in the movie world means you can headline a movie on your own and the movie would not be at a disadvantage, it could still be very successful. Robert Pattinson could not do that. He's just starred in the Twilight movies, doesn't mean he's A-list.Johnny Depp is A-list. Tom Cruise is A-list. Surely you can see the difference between these two and people like Michael Fassbender and Ryan Gosling, who are basically just supporting actors. Gosling having one great movie under his belt does not make him an A-list actor, and Fassbender playing Magneto does not make him an A-list actor either.

Fassbender is one of the actors with the most projects attached. Just like that starring role in Assassin's Creed. In another Ridley Scott movie and has Prometheus 2 I see him as an up and comer the next Pitt.

Yeah, many possible A-listers, but I don't think Fassbender will become one. He's British, and they just don't produce A-list actors, and he's been around for a while already.I think the age of true A-listers is soon to be gone. George Clooney, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are the last generation, and for the ladies, Angelina Jolie and Cameron Diaz.

Yeah, many possible A-listers, but I don't think Fassbender will become one. He's British German/Irish, and they just don't produce A-list actors, Emma Watson, Cavill/Tom hardy (soon to be), Liam Neeson, and he's been around for a while already.

I think the age of true A-listers is soon to be gone. George Clooney, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are the last generation, and for the ladies, Angelina Jolie and Cameron Diaz. For the ladies you got Lawrence, Kunis, Watson and Portman and for the men you have Hemsworth, Fassbender and Hiddleston and Jackman.

Both Pitt and Fassbender didn't become recognizable names til their 5th+ year of movies (Hollywood).

For an A lister, he/she must be one of the hottest/busiest that every movie / director wants to cast him/her in their movies. And according this rule, these are A listers:Bradley CooperMichael FassbenderChris HemsworthRyan GoslingChris PineEmma StoneJennifer Lawrence

Edited by firedeep

Seriously ?Adam Sandler is definitely A-lister ! He is the biggest comedy star out there. He has one of the most, if not the most steady box office power and can set millions of butts into theaters by his name alone.

K try reading again, I clearly stated that I didn't Understand what an A-list actor/actress meant, now that I know I can agree with you.thanks for clearing that up Barney Ross

Gosling having one great movie under his belt does not make him an A-list actor, and Fassbender playing Magneto does not make him an A-list actor either.

btw both imo are on the rise and what is this one great movie u speak of with Ryan Gosling because I know more, Drive, Lars and the real girl, half nelson which I loved! Blue Valentine which I recenltly seen that deserves a rewatch and a few more films one I have not seen is The notebook and his role in Crazy, Stupid, Love wasn't bad either he might not be an A-list Actor yet but im sure hes gonna get a huge break in a superhero movie or something big very soon which will move him closer to categorizing as an A-list actor.Now for Michael Fassbender, Amazing talent whose had some very big roles lately could be on the break as well, I've seen him in 4 movies now and he just keeps getting better, all though my favourite was him playing magneto, which was before prometheus which he gave a very believeable performace as a cyborg. Im sure there is a possibilty one day of him becoming an A-list Actor as well as ryan gosling, but you are right by saying that they are not yet A-list actors

For an A lister, he/she must be one of the hottest/busiest that every movie / director wants to cast him/her in their movies. And according this rule, these are A listers:Bradley CooperMichael FassbenderChris HemsworthRyan GoslingChris PineEmma StoneJennifer Lawrence

Not sure about Pine. What about DiCaprio? Neeson or Wahlberg? I would say these 3 have the most projects to their name than any of those maybe minus Fassbender and Hemsworth.

Jessica Chastan should be there.

There are 2 kinds of A-list actors/actresses1) The actors/actresses who are extremely well-known by the public and who have the ability to open their movies to consistently good numbers (this doesn't mean every movie has to be a success. Even A-listers make flops time to time).

I don't think Chastain meets these requirements.

Yeah, this isn't an A-lister for me.But this is.

The thing is, A-List has evolved to be more than just box office but also about public presence and the media plays a large role in determining who gets the public exposure to be on the minds of the public.

Not sure about Pine. What about DiCaprio? Neeson or Wahlberg? I would say these 3 have the most projects to their name than any of those maybe minus Fassbender and Hemsworth.

I think DiCaprio and Wahlberg undoubtedly are, given their respective record.

Leo was the youngest 20M clubber.