kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

Paramount wouldn't put Mission Impossible in April, it'll either be Summer or Holiday, I wouldn't be surprised Despite the presence of Avengers 2 and Star Wars, they go for a mid May slot. STIII is more likely to be 2016 to capitalise on Treks 50th anniversary.

Paramount wouldn't put Mission Impossible in April, it'll either be Summer or Holiday, I wouldn't be surprised Despite the presence of Avengers 2 and Star Wars, they go for a mid May slot. STIII is more likely to be 2016 to capitalise on Treks 50th anniversary.

Worked for Fast 4 opened to 70M. Also isn't the new saying Summer starts in April? With recent news 2015 looks likely. Studios don't go for anniversaries. July 10 (ST3) vs POTCV? Still think a July 24 spot is better.

Edited by Neo

I think Paramount should make a move for Star Trek XIII to be released around Christmas 2015. ST09 was moved from Christmas 08 to summer in an attempt to expand upon the franchise's audience. That move was successful, but now I think it would be incredibly beneficial for the next Trek to come out at a time when movies can typically coexist easier, plus there are normally no more than one or two big sci-fi films released in the Holidays. It helped Ghost Protocol, I think Trek would benefit nicely from a Holiday release as well.

The third Star Trek film will likely be released in 2016 to take advantage of the 50th anniversary, I think it'll get a summer slot but I'm not against November or December 2016, its worked for Bond and Thor will likely be big so Star Trek could do it too
  • Like 2

Worked for Fast 4 opened to 70M. With recent news 2015 looks likely. Studios don't go for anniversaries. July 10 vs POTCV?

They might just do that because POTCV isn't expected to sweep everything DOM. Maybe an OS release a few weeks ahead of US.

• Like 1

Worked for Fast 4 opened to 70M. With recent news 2015 looks likely. Studios don't go for anniversaries. July 10 vs POTCV?

I dunno, Skyfall IMO benefitted somewhat from the series reaching the 50 year milestone, that gave the film extra publicity and Paramount will be nuts not to do the same with Star Trek in 2016

I dunno, Skyfall IMO benefitted somewhat from the series reaching the 50 year milestone, that gave the film extra publicity and Paramount will be nuts not to do the same with Star Trek in 2016

Why didn't UNI release JPIV this year (20th)? Skyfall was Olympics and other factors as well, not just 50th.

That would be highly stupid... So yeah, definitely a possibility.

I do not agree with but loosing Legendary hurts there blockbuster state.  Hiring a writer to come up with a screenplay for Inception 2 would be a quick way to get a blockbuster going. 

I do not agree with but loosing Legendary hurts there blockbuster state.  Hiring a writer to come up with a screenplay for Inception 2 would be a quick way to get a blockbuster going. 

Except Nolan won't allow it.

He owns Inception.

• Like 2

If they wanted for 20th would have pushed for it (UNI). Same with Trek 3 if PAR wants 2015, they will go with 2015.

But UNI tried to get Jurassic Park  was tried to get JP made but it been a slow process. Par all they need to is wait a year for 2016. 2015 is already crowded.  I do not think Paramount would have a problem with putting Trek 3 in 2016.