AniNate

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Discovery Family)

So, I watched one episode, and well, it was, meh. Why are you guys obsessed with this?

Not every episode is particularly good at getting outsiders to understand the show's appeal. Some of the better ones are "Lesson Zero", "Bridle Gossip", "The Best Night Ever", "The Return of Harmony" and "Party of One"

Though I think this clip alone might give a hint

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

Partially. I was mostly pissed off that they wasted such a perfectly good comic premise to force that thing in. The songs were a disappointment too.

Yes, it was commercially forced that alicorn thing. Soon will begin the wave of alicorn toys. I liked the songs "what my cutie mark is telling me" and "a true friend", though.

So, I watched one episode, and well, it was, meh. Why are you guys obsessed with this?

Well, I am not obsessed but it was the same thinking I had when I watched this series for the first time. 

I think people love the show because of the characters.

Season 4 premiers November 23

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/07/25/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-season-4-premiere/

Despite the anger and depression the show has dealt me with the S3 finale and that... thing I can't believe someone thought was a good idea that they released to theaters this summer, the animatic clips have me hopeful for next season. For one thing, that song is a million times better than the Applejack one last season.

• Like 1

Not every episode is particularly good at getting outsiders to understand the show's appeal. Some of the better ones are "Lesson Zero", "Bridle Gossip", "The Best Night Ever", "The Return of Harmony" and "Party of One"Though I think this clip alone might give a hint

I thought this was a kids show. :P

Pinkie Pride and Filli Vanilli are certainly the only two episodes I've enjoyed this season. Too bad it looks like the writers are exhausted with this show, and that they keep on introducing themes that have nothing to do with the nature of the show (episode " Power Ponies ').

Still, I feel this decline in quality is not anywhere near to SpongeBob's if you ask me.

Edited by tupek

I definitely wasn't feeling the first third of the season (was almost ready to quit, honestly), but I've enjoyed everything since Rarity Takes Manehattan. The episodes have felt more cohesive and satisfying.

Also, seems Claire Corlett's voice has matured significantly over the offseason. Sweetie Belle sounded extremely different last episode.

Did anybody watch the finale? I didn't and I'm really  lazy to give it a shot now. Maybe sometime soon. 

So 2 months since I last posted? Several episodes happened, and only "Twilight Time" and "Inspiration Manifestation" were the ones I didn't like. I got to say I enjoyed most of the recent episodes unlike the first part of the season. I'm still interested, but heck

I'll never forgive them for destroying Twilight's house.

The second half had mostly good, some great, and a couple of lame eps. Did not care for Breezies or Equestria Games but I thought the finale was pretty awesome.

I'd like some more focus on the CMC next season. The Mane 6 don't seem to have much more room for development.

Then they will have to get over that old story of trying to get the Cutie Mark .. and failing, since because of that, the CMC don't seem to have room for development. If their sinopsis are more of the same, I'll skip them. Seriously, I'm really done with their eps.

But I disagree about some the Mane 6: for example, I see that Rainbow Dash has had a lot of character development (except this season) throughout the series, more than any other Mane, and I would like to see more CD with Fluttershy, Applejack and Spike. 

Spike is not a character that I like but I think he still has some potential to be expanded as a character, but in this season he has been set aside.

I strongly think Applejack has much more to tell outside of her family, seriously, I think I'm gonna skip her family episodes too because there are a lot of them and they really bore me.

But Fluttershy - like Applejack, she has still some point to be told, like her parents, for example. Filli Vanilli was an ep. I loved because ( besides being an entertaining, well paced episode ) it showed some CD on her. 

However, it looks like the writers don't want to expand her, and they only try to make some weird experiments with her (Power Ponies, Bats) or make her angry or something alike.

Then they will have to get over that old story of trying to get the Cutie Mark .. and failing, since because of that, the CMC don't seem to have room for development. If their sinopsis are more of the same, I'll skip them. Seriously, I'm really done with their eps.

I too am tired of the cutie mark storyline, but whenever the focus is not on their marks (ie Sleepless in Ponyville), the show is at its best, imo. They're the most interesting characters on the show when it acknowledges that their lives have meaning beyond their cutie marks. There are routes I'd like the show to take with the mane 6, but it's hard for me to imagine given the show's resistance to any real drama with them that I'd be completely satisfied with what they came up with, especially with the position they're in at the end of season 4; compared to the CMCs where they haven't been as afraid to delve into deep insecurities and not play them all for laughs.

Edited by tribefan695