AniNate

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Discovery Family)

I seen a couple of clips of this show. I do not get why this popular with adults.  

I have to say that the main reason is the way the ponies are designed. Not referring to the Flash animation, but to the style of the designs: they are more cartoonish and more appealing than, for example, the previous MLP generations.

Then, the main characters have personalities which people can identify with. Even if those personalities are pretty cliche: there is no characterization we haven't seen before in other TV Shows. 

Other things I would say are the voices, which I think are pretty good, the situations in the episodes, that, well, I think they are pretty predictable stories but well, they have worked for many years , so....

Of course, thereare adults that still aren't interested in show like that.

It's more the parts that make it addicting than the sum. When it has moments of inspiration, they are truly inspired (ie, Fluttershy violently snapping a bear's spine as a form of massage, Pinkie's general disregard for the laws of physics)

I'll be the first to admit not every episode works, but there's usually at least one or two gags that still make it memorable.

Some of my favorites:

Edited by tribefan695

Welp, three seasons since I last thought this thread was worth bumping I'm still somehow into this. The movie was a gigantic disappointment but I still think the show has some gas left in the tank and I hope the movie didn't turn too many people off of it. 

The season 7 finale aired today and I thought overall this season was pretty solid. Highlights for me were the controversial episode "Fame and Misfortune" which lashed out at the idiots in the fanbase, "The Perfect Pear" which depicts the Apples' parents' relationship, and the further development of the RD/Scootaloo dynamic in "Parental Glideance" and "Campfire Tales".