1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

In the Name of the King

Posted Image

I watched this the other night. I had to turn it off. It's complete junk. I didn't even know it was directed by Uwe Boll, but after hearing his name every time followed by a myriad of colourful language, I can see why this was no good. Jason Statham cannot rescue it, and it's by far his worst movie ever (even worse than Ghost of Mars). The fights are ludicrous, and the story starts without any lead up or introduction whatsoever. I'm not even ready for it and the story is being laid out infront of me. Weird.

Ray Liotta is in this crap too. As is Matthew Lillard, Ron Pearlman and Claire Forlani. Oh, and that tart from Joyride. How they ever got all of these to star in this crap-fest is beyond me. It cost $60m, and while I can certainly expect not much to have been spent on the talent involved, why then were the effects and script so utterly poor? Must be Uwe Boll.

The fighting is actually funny more than anything. Monsters and people get hit with axes or swords and they fall down on to the soft grass like in an episode of The A-Team. It's so shit. No blood, no effects, nothing. I think that Uwe Boll used the whole $60m on the special effects, or the visual effects, or the cast....whichever one it is, he got ripped off. :rofl:

This film believes it is The Lord of the Rings, it seriously does. It takes itself so seriously. But it turns out being like an episode of Merlin. I seem to have used that example a lot recently, but it's true with this. Liotta and Statham are so out of place.

How this got a sequel, I WILL NEVER KNOW. The sequel stars Dolph Lundgren, and is directed by Uwe again. This has kind of made me intrigued to see how much worse it can get.

F

PS: Sorry baumer that I got you to open this thread for me to just berate this movie, but it's important that people know how bad this shit is. I am doing my fellow man a service here.

• Like 2