A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Brand value and cultural differences.Many Chinese audiences don't konw what THG is.

Can you specify, what are the main complaints about the film?I recall Bluebomb reported the WOM was mixed in HK, but it managed 3.7 multiplier there.

How can WOM not be good? The movie is excellent whether you watch it in China or in Canada. I guess it explains why Transformers 3 is the biggest thing there since fried rice...

Transfomers 3, Inception, MI4 - all did great in China. Can't really blame Chinese auds for their taste in movies. ;)

I guess it explains why Transformers 3 is the biggest thing there since fried rice...

TF movies are very popular in China due to the G1 TF cartoon. The G1 TF cartoon and TF toys had influenced millions of Chinese children who are adults now since 1988.TF2 and TF3 had broken many records even they were bad movies.

Not to mention TF films are big in America too.American youth culture has limited audience in China, which is still a poor country.

Some movies' performances were good in NA and other makets, but their performances in China weren't good.Some movies were opposite.

Guys, could you get avatars? I'm sick of that silhouette.