A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Yes I meant Chinese Gov. Why would they release 2 very high profile movies on the same day? Don't they get a cut out of sales?

I guess they want TDKR and TASM to contain each other and leave more room for local films, so the "destruction" (casued by the big two) for local films can be as low as possible.Yes, they do get a cut out of hollywood releases, but not as much as what they can get from local film producers and their faces. Edited by firedeep

But even if they both indeed released on August 30th, I am not worried.By that time, there will be about 12,000 screens, more than half of which are 3D-able, and about 80 IMAX. So each of them can get at least 4,000, which should be enough. Spidey may get more screens than batman due to more 3D screens available there are.So TDKR will have more than 20,000 shows per day and TASM will have at least 25, 000 shows per day.I can see both open to at least $45M via four days. Spidey probably will be bigger due to bigger name, 3D and family audience. (Maybe TDKR $45M OW and TASM 60M OW ?)Anyway, that week will set a whole new overal weekly box office record, (and a new daily record and other bunch of records of course), could be as big as $125M~150M (the current record is the week leading by Titanic 3D with $84M) !

Edited by firedeep

Brave OD (June 19th) updated:2.25M yuan ($0.357M) from 6,600 shows with 61K admissions.And THG by the same time stands at 83.4M yuan ($13.2M) after 6 days.

Awefull for brave and very good for THG

I guess they want TDKR and TASM to contain each other and leave more room for local films, so the "destruction" (casued by the big two) for local films can be as low as possible.Yes, they do get a cut out of hollywood releases, but not as much as what they can get from local film producers and their faces.

You said TDKR wouldn't have a release in China,I don't understand...

I can see both open to at least $45M via four days. Spidey probably will be bigger due to bigger name, 3D and family audience. (Maybe TDKR $45M OW and TASM 60M OW ?)

Not going to happen. These movies have no Transformers in them. They are not directed by James Cameron either.Battleship opening should be a good benchmark for TDKR in China. ;)

Not going to happen. These movies have no Transformers in them. They are not directed by James Cameron either.Battleship opening should be a good benchmark for TDKR in China. ;)

Battleship... :wacko:BS sucks, it has bad WOM. Why compare TDKR to BS ? dosent make sense at all.One simple fact: TDKR is the top ONE most aticipated movie of 2012 on EVERY Chinese film website. And no one cared about battleship.

Battleship... :wacko:BS sucks, it has bad WOM. Why compare TDKR to BS ? dosent make sense at all.One simple fact: TDKR is the top ONE most aticipated movie of 2012 on EVERY Chinese film website. And no one cared about battleship.

Firstly, Internet hype means nothing.Secondly, Battleship opening was huge for 2D movie. It bested IM4, if I'm not mistaken. Chinese people didn't see TDK, so TDKR should perform much like an original 2D film.

Firstly, Internet hype means nothing.Secondly, Battleship opening was huge for 2D movie. It bested IM4, if I'm not mistaken. Chinese people didn't see TDK, so TDKR should perform much like an original 2D film.

Nope.BS opened even not close to MI4, it had 5 days (19M) opening week while MI4 had only 2 days (16M).Inception was a blockbuster in China, TDK (even without theatrical release) itself was one of the most talked and pirated film last 10 years here.