A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Hmm, Let's see what a common worker can do on the movies every month.Take myself for example:I am a common worker for a private company. I work 8 hours per day and 25 days per month and normally I can earn 3,500 yuan (about $550M) per month. (And I feel sorry, really :P , for not meeting the official average monthly income by the government, which says more than 4,200 yuan ($650+) ... ).I spend 1,000 yuan on apartment and broadband service; 1,000 yuan on food and drinks (and I am being very saving ;) ); 400~500 yuan on transportation (mostly Subway) and phone; I can go to the movies usually 4 times at an average ticket price of 60 yuan. Then I still have something like 800 yuan left. I spend half of that on friends meeting. And the other 400 yuan goes to clothes (usually a relatively cheap coat or pant takes most of that ) and daily necessities. And then nothing left for me.Thank God movie is my only hobby and I dont have a girl friend ... :ph34r: And neither do I smoke nor drink.Also well done for my government for not letting too much Hollywood movies entering China theaters, or I wont be able to catch up all of them since I only see Hollywood movies.But 4 movies per month apparently not enough. So what I gotcha do ? Well, I download movies from the internet, for free. And this is one of the main reasons why I love the internet. :wub: (And the other must be hunging out here at the great box office forums.)I dont have the money for the expensive DVDs and it is also not convenient (to watch). I am just a comon worker who eans less than the official average incomes. Maybe I can make 5,000 yuan or more (like $1,000) if business is good and I am lucky since I am a sales. But not for now. And unfortunately I dont work for the government, a stated-owned company, or a foreign company. Otherwise, $1,000 ~2,000 monthly income will be easy.

• Like 2

Have any of you heard of the 70s Japanese TV series The Water Margin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Water_Margin_(1973_TV_series)said to be after a Song Dynasty Novel set in Medieval China. In Austria it was huge success called Die Rebellen Vom Jiang Shang PoIt is a pity that there is no such seri any more. If the Chinese would produce something like that, they could sell it all over the world - maybe not to the USA.

Have any of you heard of the 70s Japanese TV series The Water Margin http://en.wikipedia....1973_TV_series)

said to be after a Song Dynasty Novel set in Medieval China. In Austria it was huge success called Die Rebellen Vom Jiang Shang Po

It is a pity that there is no such seri any more. If the Chinese would produce something like that, they could sell it all over the world - maybe not to the USA.

I think you mean 水浒传 The Water Margin . :rolleyes::ph34r:

Yes, it is an ancient Chinese story and one of the all time most famous story/novel in China. Actually, there is no Chinese people that over 5 years old but know nothing about it. It is one of the four masterpieces of China.

And of course, in China there are tons of films, novel re-creations, TVs, dramas, etc that adapted from or based on it.

The other 3 masterpieces of China are:

(《水浒传》----The Story by the Water Margin) (writen in 1330s)

《三国演义》----The Romance of the Three Kindoms (1370s)

《红楼梦》----The Dream of the Red Chamber (1740s)

《西游记》----Journey to the West (1540s)

All of them have deep-rooted effects in every corner in China for centuries. Hundreds stories from the-four are well known by every Chinese.

Edited by firedeep

Hmm, Let's see what a common worker can do on the movies every month.Take myself for example:I am a common worker for a private company. I work 8 hours per day and 25 days per month and normally I can earn 3,500 yuan (about $550M) per month. (And I feel sorry, really :P , for not meeting the official average monthly income by the government, which says more than 4,200 yuan ($650+) ... ).I spend 1,000 yuan on apartment and broadband service; 1,000 yuan on food and drinks (and I am being very saving ;) ); 400~500 yuan on transportation (mostly Subway) and phone; I can go to the movies usually 4 times at an average ticket price of 60 yuan. Then I still have something like 800 yuan left. I spend half of that on friends meeting. And the other 400 yuan goes to clothes (usually a relatively cheap coat or pant takes most of that ) and daily necessities. And then nothing left for me.Thank God movie is my only hobby and I dont have a girl friend ... :ph34r: And neither do I smoke nor drink.Also well done for my government for not letting too much Hollywood movies entering China theaters, or I wont be able to catch up all of them since I only see Hollywood movies.But 4 movies per month apparently not enough. So what I gotcha do ? Well, I download movies from the internet, for free. And this is one of the main reasons why I love the internet. :wub: (And the other must be hunging out here at the great box office forums.)I dont have the money for the expensive DVDs and it is also not convenient (to watch). I am just a comon worker who eans less than the official average incomes. Maybe I can make 5,000 yuan or more (like $1,000) if business is good and I am lucky since I am a sales. But not for now. And unfortunately I dont work for the government, a stated-owned company, or a foreign company. Otherwise, $1,000 ~2,000 monthly income will be easy.

Your English is pretty good though, maybe you could look for a job where you could use your English skills for a better pay.

Seems it has been confirmed that TASM and TDKR will open face to face on August 30th, the Thursday.

The Chinese name of TDKR titled Batman prequel 3: The Dark Knight Rises (蝙蝠侠前传3:黑暗骑士崛起) and it will be distributed by CFGC (China Film Group Corporation).

TASM will be co-distributed bt CFGC and Huaxia (Huaxia Film Distribution CO.,Ltd).

The Lorax, original scheduled July 27th, was canceled. IA4 is still there on that day.

Rumors are that Bourne Legacy and Total Recall will open face to face on August 15th while The Expendables 2 sets August 24th. Prometheus on August 3th.

Crowded August ! Some are gonna hurt.

Edited by firedeep

Seems it has been confirmed that TASM and TDKR will open face to face on August 30th, the Thursday.

The Chinese name of TDKR titled Batman prequel 3: The Dark Knight Rises (蝙蝠侠前传3:黑暗骑士崛起) and it will be distributed by CFGC (China Film Group Corporation).

TASM will be co-distributed bt CFGC and Huaxia (Huaxia Film Distribution CO.,Ltd).

The Lorax, original scheduled July 27th, was canceled. IA4 is still there on that day.

Rumors are that Bourne Legacy and Total Recall will open face to face on August 15th while The Expendables 2 sets August 24th. Prometheus on August 3th.

Crowded August ! Some are gonna hurt.

the same day?? For fuck's sake. Hopefully this changes