A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

KFP is going to have to make its money in 10 days. 4 big releases on the 8th, wont have many shows left <10% after the 8th

Are there any holidays during the week from feb 1-5?

It could have  a 635/$100m OW(3 day) and hold 50% the following weekend after making 40-50m during the week (if there aren't holidays). 200m possible by the 8th, I don't see it making much more with that schedule. I say 250m max as well

• Like 1

12 hours ago, firedeep said:

12/24 Mr. Six 老炮 Huayi ¥1,000 $156.3 China
12/24 Breakup Guru 2 恶棍天使 Enlight ¥800 $125.0 China

Interesting that you're predicting more for Mr. Six. Breakup Guru 2 stars Deng Chao and his wife, who are both really popular (individually and as a couple) plus it's a comedy film so I think it will definitely have the edge that Mr. Six (although the obviously superior movie) doesn't.

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

KFP is going to have to make its money in 10 days. 4 big releases on the 8th, wont have many shows left <10% after the 8th

It could have  a 635/$100m OW(3 day) and hold 50% the following weekend after making 40-50m during the week (if there aren't holidays). 200m possible by the 8th, I don't see it making much more with that schedule. I say 250m max as well

Good point. Better if does $200-250M in China.

3 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

There're at least 6-7 local movies will release on Feb. 8. Those 4 have confirmed. Not sure if Ning Hao's Crazy Nian & Most anticipated film Da Hai will make a move.

Both animated movies are expected to do well. I think 1 of them will make a chance.

Jet Li's fantasy Fengshan Bang move to Oct. golden week, along with Jackie Chan's action comedy Kung Fu Yoga.

Maybe 2 big local romantic movies will open Feb. 14.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

If that's the case why not release it 1 week earlier. Problem solved.and it can potentially make 300M+.

5 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Exactly. Agree with this.

7 hours ago, Peachy said:

Interesting that you're predicting more for Mr. Six. Breakup Guru 2 stars Deng Chao and his wife, who are both really popular (individually and as a couple) plus it's a comedy film so I think it will definitely have the edge that Mr. Six (although the obviously superior movie) doesn't.

Mr. Six number was wrong. messed up the chart ...

12/18 The Ghouls 鬼吹灯之寻龙诀 Enlight ¥1,500 $234.4 China
12/18 Surprise 万万没想到:西游篇 Bona ¥500 $78.1 China

Surprise will surprise box office. Internet hits, 2b views on Youku, was adapted to the big screen. I expect more for Mojin-The Lost Legend (aka The Ghouls). Hope Wuershan will break record again (He did it once in 2012, Painted Skin 2).

2/8 The Man from Macao 3 澳门风云3 Bona ¥1,500 $234.4 China
2/8 The Monkey King 2 西游记之孙悟空三打白骨精 Anshi Yingna ¥700 $109.4 China

It's too high for Macau 3 IMO. I still believe TMK : White Bone Spirit do better than TMK 2014 (aka a bad movie).  Did not see its trailer but Gong Li give me a hope. Wish its special effects is good.

36 minutes ago, Lihongkim said:
12/18 The Ghouls 鬼吹灯之寻龙诀 Enlight ¥1,500 $234.4 China
12/18 Surprise 万万没想到:西游篇 Bona ¥500 $78.1 China

Surprise will surprise box office. Internet hits, 2b views on Youku, was adapted to the big screen. I expect more for Mojin-The Lost Legend (aka The Ghouls). Hope Wuershan will break record again (He did it once in 2012, Painted Skin 2).

2/8 The Man from Macao 3 澳门风云3 Bona ¥1,500 $234.4 China
2/8 The Monkey King 2 西游记之孙悟空三打白骨精 Anshi Yingna ¥700 $109.4 China

It's too high for Macau 3 IMO. I still believe TMK : White Bone Spirit do better than TMK 2014 (aka a bad movie).  Did not see its trailer but Gong Li give me a hope. Wish its special effects is good.

Surprise is seen as a JianbingMan wannabe. Its competitors are too strong and December is no holiday, unlike summer. Still, 500m is being conservative. I see some guys calling 1B+ for it. But I am not very confident in its quality.

The Ghouls could be HUGE. I think it would easily beat SW7 if SW7 were released neck and neck.

White Bone Spirit wont be any better than its predecessor, quality wise, I am afraid. Bad WOM on TMK will likely drag it down, especially against Mermaid and Macao 3. Macao 3 might not reach 1.5B but I am confident with at least 1B.

5 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

Distributor is very confident that KFP3 can defy the competition.

Well, it depends on how much and how far they market this.

5 hours ago, druv10 said:

That's dumb. It could kick everybody's ass and make 400M+ but why risk getting it's legs cut by potential strong comp.

But let's not forget the important factor...what if the competitors are shit.....and could disappoint a lot of people?

Saturday Estimates

Exfiles2 42M/73M

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 38.5M/107M

Everest 15.7m/60.6m

The Last Woman Standing 14.8M/27.7M

The Witness 12.5M/188M

Snoopy 9.1m/11.8M

Hotel Transylvania II  6M/96M

ANT-MAN  2.7M/666M 

GOODBYE MR. LOSER 2M/1433M

• Like 7

2 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

Saturday estimates

Exfiles2 42M/73M

Maze Ru7nner: The Scorch Trials 38.5M/107M

Everest 15.7m/60.6m

The Last Woman Standing 14.8M/27.7M

The Witness 12.5M/188M

Snoopy 9.1m/11.8M

Hotel Transylvania II  6M/96M

ANT-MAN  2.7M/666M 

GOODBYE MR. LOSER 2M/1433M

Pretty good for Ant-man. Should get close to 670M yuan by the end.

• Like 2