A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 minute ago, Momo said:

They both got 5 days though. Both could increase by then. Movies have made late increases before.

Having tracked PS in china for a while, its almost easy to predict where movies will end up. Its not going to pull in a zootopia or something like that.

• Like 2

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

these sales are bit erratic. Too soon to make a call. For all you know it will explode again after 5PM.

Maybe. But its pretty disapointing so far today IMO

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Having tracked PS in china for a while, its almost easy to predict where movies will end up. Its not going to pull in a zootopia or something like that.

Just, because you been tracking on this board for a while. Doesn't mean all your outcomes come true. Look do I think PR going to do good? Most likely not,but 5 days out and you claim to know for sure how it will do. Plus you just proved my point. Their have been other cases were movies you thought were dead in China before it release surprised you. You can never say never.

P.S. I think GOTG doing just fine. I don't get what people wanted from it? F8 numbers? It was never going to reach that. lol Shoot, BATB didn't even reach that.

Edited by Momo

12 minutes ago, Momo said:

They both got 5 days though. Both could increase by then. Movies have made late increases before. Ok,I admit I'm a novice when it comes to following the live box office thing on Maoyan,but you say 0.25. For this novice on it. Explain why I see 25.12 and not 0.25 like you are saying. Is my google translator screwd up?

if you go to maoyan and look at bottom right you will see overall gross for 12th at 478K and Power Rangers has 53% of gross. 

For some reason Maoyan displays BO in multiples of 10K yuan. So 100 is 1m yuan. if you check today's numbers you will see Guardians at around 6089.88 which means 60.89m yuan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momo said:

Just, because you been tracking on this board for a while. Doesn't mean all your outcomes come true. Look do I think PR going to do good? Most likely not,but 5 days out and you claim to know for sure how it will do. Plus you just proved my point. Their have been other cases were movies you thought were dead in China before it release surprised you. You can never say never.

But we have to predict something. If later pr surprises, good for it but currently it doesn't look good. There's nothing more to it. It is how it is.

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

if you go to maoyan and look at bottom right you will see overall gross for 12th at 478K and Power Rangers has 53% of gross. 

For some reason Maoyan displays BO in multiples of 10K yuan. So 100 is 1m yuan. if you check today's numbers you will see Guardians at around 6089.88 which means 60.89m yuan.

Ok so the 61712.41M on GOTG 2 is actually 61.7M then,correct?

7 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

But we have to predict something. If later pr surprises, good for it but currently it doesn't look good. There's nothing more to it. It is how it is.

I'm not expect much because of how it did every where else OS. The most I was hoping for after it run was 50m. That was my tops hope. I just thought it was a little early to right it off because movie like Zootopia that he mention or even A Dog Purpose. Show surprises do happen.  lol Will it even do GITS or Smurfs numbers is my question now. lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Momo said:

P.S. I think GOTG doing just fine. I don't get what people wanted from it? F8 numbers? It was never going to reach that. lol Shoot, BATB didn't even reach that.

GotG already did 600m Yuan 3 years ago. Nobody has talked about F8 figures, but it was legitimate to think it could challenge 900m-1 billion. To increase 100-150m Yuan in 3 years is a bit disappointing (now the market is flat, but in 2014-2015 period it still was increasing a lot). Sequels tend to make better numbers than original films (even more when GotG1 was very well received) and now there is a chance it finishes behind Dr. Strange (it is all about WOM and legs).

And you mention BatB... BatB had lower potential than GotG2 in China because the genre of each one. Not a good example.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, peludo said:

GotG already did 600m Yuan 3 years ago. Nobody has talked about F8 figures, but it was legitimate to think it could challenge 900m-1 billion. To increase 100-150m Yuan in 3 years is a bit disappointing (now the market is flat, but in 2014-2015 period it still was increasing a lot). Sequels tend to make better numbers than original films (even more when GotG1 was very well received) and now there is a chance it finishes behind Dr. Strange (it is all about WOM and legs).

And you mention BatB... BatB had lower potential than GotG2 in China because the genre of each one. Not a good example.

It will a least hold the top spot for the next 2 week with WOM,no?

68.67million at 6PM. its run rate is around 6.5m per hour. At this rate it could miss 100m. I hope run rate increases to 10m per hour at least till 9PM so that it finishes somewhere around 105m.

> 110m is not happening for sure.

Edit: its run rate since 6PM went up to just under 9m per hour(81.25m at 725PM). 100m is no longer in risk. if I have to guess I would say 105m OD.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 3

9.8...So fucking crazy for Dangal’s Maoyan score…

It’s a Huayi Brother project. You might recall that Wanda won’t give it too many showtimes. But there are still many box office followers starting to discuss the possible that Dangal beats GOTG2...

• Like 1