A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

The Hobbit fanboys are the craziest bunch of people I've ever met, even beyond my imagination when they threatened Huayi last month. I'm sure they will conquer Douban site when released and make TH one of the "classic" movies ever in China. :rolleyes:

Edited by POLYLOVE

The Hobbit fanboys are the craziest bunch of people I've ever met, even beyond my expectation when they threatened Huayi last month. I'm sure they will conquer Douban site when released and make TH one of the "classic" movie ever in China. :rolleyes:

The crowns go to Nolanites :P

Wom for Stephen Chow‘s Journey to the West will be through the roof. Another 1B rmb grosser is done. It opens on Feb 10. The whole Spring holiday will be its. Hobbit is fucked to another level.

The trailer looks cheap as hell, but since Painted Skin 2 did massive business, JTTW is definitely looking good. I wont say 1B RMB is "locked" because only one domestic film did that before.

Good. May it completely collapse in China. If Skyfall, a legit great movie that doesn`t get "GA loves it" excuses even though GA obviously love it much more than TH, can`t pass Shriekapoo than may TH flop completely in China.

Well, since Chinese dont like Skyfall like Americans do, it might just happen that Chinese also dont dislike TH1 like Americans do. TH1 might just become a buge breakout in China. :stirthepot:

The trailer looks cheap as hell, but since Painted Skin 2 did massive business, JTTW is definitely looking good. I wont say 1B RMB is "locked" because only one domestic film did that before.

The advantage for JTTW is that it is a comedy. And that makes its visuals less important. Well actually, cheap visuals can add better comedy elements. So looking cheap is a plus here, not a minus.

It is said JTTW costed about 80M RMB to produce, including 3D convertion, of which half was financed by Huayi.

Edited by firedeep

I always think as long as people know it is a Stephen Chow film, they will buy a ticket for it without a second thought. Not to mention, this is a direct sequel to the most beloved Chinese comedy ever, in the Golden Spring holiday.

Since Feng Xiaogang is down, Stephen Chow or Xu Zheng, time to see who is the King of Chinese comedy.

Quite a few openers.....So I guess Skyfall grossed around 60m For Mon-Thurs. Maybe another 50m for Fri-Sun. So around 110m week (-50%). 330m cume.With 50m next week and 20m the next, it should finish its run with 400m.And good opening for CA. Should do around 80m 4-day and 200m total ($32m).That would be more than its entire domestic gross!

Thats around 60-65 mill right??

The Hobbit fanboys are the craziest bunch of people I've ever met, even beyond my imagination when they threatened Huayi last month. I'm sure they will conquer Douban site when released and make TH one of the "classic" movies ever in China. :rolleyes:

I don`t get those fnaboys.There`s nothing in TH and Middle Earth saga for the matter that`s appealing to non-Europeans. The whole thing has the aura of Anglo-Saxon superiority over anyone else and is so ridiculously pro-monarchy and nepotism that comes out of it that. So fanboyism baffles me.

I don`t get those fnaboys.There`s nothing in TH and Middle Earth saga for the matter that`s appealing to non-Europeans. The whole thing has the aura of Anglo-Saxon superiority over anyone else and is so ridiculously pro-monarchy and nepotism that comes out of it that. So fanboyism baffles me.

:o really?

It'll get more hilarious in this case as China fanboys are all of Asian origin. :rolleyes:

Edited by POLYLOVE

It'll get more hilarious in this case as China fanboys are all of Asian origin. :rolleyes:

I`ll give credit to PJ that he didn`t include absolutely disgusting detail in LOTR that always irked me in the book to no end - that otherwise brown-haired and brown eyed Hobbits were blessed with blond&blue eyed Elf-like kids after 4 Hobbits brust in tears every 5 minutes during the events of FOTR - ROTK. As if those kids were somewhow supperior and a gift for wimpness courage of those 4. Disgusting pandering to Aryan Anglo-Saxon standards of physical superiority but what else to expect from a guy who hails from South Africa?

Edited by fishnets

I`ll give credit to PJ that he didn`t include absolutely disgusting detail in LOTR that always irked me in the book to no end - that otherwise brown-haired and brown eyed Hobbits were blessed with blond&blue eyed Elf-like kids after 4 Hobbits brust in tears every 5 minutes during the events of FOTR - ROTK. As if those kids were somewhow supperior and a gift for wimpness courage of those 4. Disgusting pandering to Aryan Anglo-Saxon standards of physical superiority but what else to expect from a guy who hails from South Africa?

Oh poor Asian Chinese Fanboys, their hearts will be broken when they find out this.