A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Assuming 70M Saturday holds, another 60M Sunday is possible. So nearly 279M, or right $45M, for first 5-days. WB most likely will report only $43M or so on Sunday though.

Next week, beginning on Thursday, will be critical: FOUR big local ROM-COM opens for the Chinese Valentine's Day (8.13), which could easily score one of the biggest day of the year at the box office, maybe the biggest summer day. PR for sure will lose most of its screenings to those movies.

Possible weekly breakdown for PR: 279M ------ 150M ------  60M ------ 15M = 504M finish $80M

For comparison, IM3, also 5-days OW, with little competitions except SY for half months: 400M ------ 200M ------  100M ------ 40M ---- 10M = 750M finish, less than 2X multiplier.

As for FF6: 180M ------ 160M ------  50M ------ 10M = 400M finish $65M, (one of) the worst legs for any Hollywood movies EVER.

Edited by firedeep

Would Thor be helped like IM3 with a decent release date?

Nope. CF has much more advantage over Thor 2: no DMG with Thor this time while the China right for CF was bought by the boss of CFC.

I see only two possibilities atm:

1. CF late Nov 2013 release, Thor 2 middle Jan 2014, DOS late Feb

1. CF middle Jan 2014, Thor 2 and DOS late Feb

Nope. CF has much more advantage over Thor 2: no DMG with Thor this time while the China right for CF was bought by the boss of CFC.

I see only two possibilities atm:

1. CF late Nov 2013 release, Thor 2 middle Jan 2014, DOS late Feb

1. CF middle Jan 2014, Thor 2 and DOS late Feb

Not good for my Thor 2 OS prediction of 700M. I was thinking 70-75M would be possible in China but delay is going to screw that up big time.