A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Gravity just secured a release quota and should be dated somewhere in Nov. (early word is 11.6).

Thor 2, RUSH and Snowpiercer are the other three revenue-sharing quota. The last quota of the 34 films of 2013 should be either FROZEN or The Last Stand. Then 2013 is done.

Stalingrad TBD

Thor 2 Nov

Gravity Nov

RUSH Nov

Catching Fire Nov

Snowpiercer Dec

• Like 1

Gravity just secured a release quota and should be dated somewhere in Nov. (early word is 11.6).

Thor 2, RUSH and Snowpiercer are the other three revenue-sharing quota. The last quota of the 34 films of 2013 should be either FROZEN or The Last Stand. Then 2013 is done.

Stalingrad TBD

Thor 2 Nov

Gravity Nov

RUSH Nov

Catching Fire Nov

Snowpiercer Dec

and Escape Plan?maybe next year?

Stalingrad TBD

Thor 2 Nov

Gravity Nov

RUSH Nov

Catching Fire Nov

Snowpiercer Dec

Fantastic! 60M+ is possible?

You mean $60m for Gravity? I'm not convinced it would do $60m in even the best of circumstances, and if November is going to be that crowded with imports it's gonna have trouble just hanging on to screens. And it'll be screwed if TDW gets a day-and-date release (though I see no chance of that).

The Last Stand getting a quota slot would be the final gag in a year full of bad jokes. That should've been a buyout release in Q2 at the latest. Hopefully Snowpiercer will be early December so I can see it before heading home for Christmas.

Edited by Bob Violence

how do you see gravity´s box office numbers in china. it is a different kind of a movie, hard to guess, isnt it?

hard to guess. want to see how it holds this weekend in other countries first. Maybe 60% ($55m) of Life of Pi in a good case.

This October is shit, except the past holiday. November will be very crowded if all these movies indeedly get released on time, adding 2~3 local major releases.

Thor 2: high 400M

Catching Fire: low 300m (or high 200m depending on schedules)

Gravity: high 200m

Rush: under 100m

The Last Stand: middle 20m

Snowpiercer: sub 50M

Fantastic! 60M+ is possible?

• Like 1

November 2012 did 1.13B, only increasing 5% from 2011.

Biggest monthly increase so far in 2013 is Febuary with 55%. Average increase of 2013 is 31%.

Even given a 55% jump, this November will do 1.75B. The foreign releases could take, like 1.0~1.1B. [Thor 2 + Gravity + CF + Starlnger + RUSH] will share the ~1.1B at most I think.

Edited by firedeep

www.mtime.com

its not a site its heaven Thx! :wub:  :) 7.9 rating is amazing & lots of posters i havent seen :wub:

Wom for NYSM is good. Could do much better if not for its HQ pirated copies all over the place.

yeah  pirates :( hopefully some pl checked on dvd & decide to see @ the cine,a too

some movies must be seen on the big screen

Hmm interesting how Wolvie will do in China

Edited by Leyla

its not a site its heaven Thx! :wub:  :) 7.9 rating is amazing & lots of posters i havent seen :wub:

yeah  pirates :( hopefully some pl checked on dvd & decide to see @ the cine,a too

soe movies must be seen on the big screen

Hmm interesting how Wolvie will do in China

Now you see me is awesome. :wub:  Is there a sequel?

• Like 1

Starlingrad is handled by Sony Pictures in China (though its official distributor is China Film of course). This morning everywhere is saying it got the 10.31 date. For some reason, China Film's website hasnt got updated. Maybe later.

There are online promotions for Starlingrad. Havent heard about printed one. I'll check it out next week when seeing Wolverine.

NYSM has a good number of printed ads in some cities.

As for Thor 2, Disney/Marvel says "in November". No accurate date.

• Like 1

Now you see me is awesome. :wub:  Is there a sequel?

aw I'm happy u loved it! :huglove:

yeahh there will be a sequel but Idk when Some moviement will start next year. The actors have busy schedules & Louie said he wants to do some sci fi film before the sequel so Idk abt the date but it all looks even more promising with successfil Chinese release & hopefully good Japanese. Maybe the sequel will be released closer to the US date in China than this one.

Hopefully Wolvie can get some cash

I expect at least 60m

I don't think it's possible to say because it's been so long since he's had a release. T3 came out in 2003 and only did 28m yuan, but 2003 was such a horrible year at the box office that 28m yuan was enough for #8. Anyway a lot of time has passed and the market (and the audience) is totally different now. Schwarzenegger is definitely one of the most famous stars, but that's true the world over and it didn't help The Last Stand in other countries. Lots of people have already seen TLS in China and the reactions mostly range from "this sucks" to "it was okay," same as everywhere else. A lot is riding on whether Escape Plan is actually, y'know, a good movie.

Edited by Bob Violence
  • Like 1