A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I find it kind of weird as to why they're advertising this film so much in China, Paramount will only get 25% of the overall gross. Even if it made $400M in China, it wouldn't even get as much money back if it grossed $200-250M in America. 

I find it kind of weird as to why they're advertising this film so much in China, Paramount will only get 25% of the overall gross. Even if it made $400M in China, it wouldn't even get as much money back if it grossed $200-250M in America. 

Paramount probably wants a billion dollar gross out of this one, China will be a huge contributor towards that.
  • Like 1

They will get what they get from NA anyway ....

I know but 50%+ of $250M (USA) is a helluva lot better than 25% (China) of $250M. 

Don't forget Paramount co-producing  with Chinese company!  Paramount get 25% but I am sure the Chinese company will get more.  So most of the money for advertising this film may be from the Chinese company. 

Edited by A K A

Don't forget Paramount co-producing  with Chinese company!  Paramount get 25% but I am sure the Chinese company will get more.  So most of the money for advertising this film may be from the Chinese company. 

Yeah many tie-in advertisement will cover part of the marketing cost. 

I know but 50%+ of $250M (USA) is a helluva lot better than 25% (China) of $250M. 

One more thing as well.  During the Shanghai Premiere, The Chinese company's boss makes a bet with Paramount that Transformers 4 will achieve a new record at China Box Office otherwise the Chinese Company will pay extra 50% of the total Transformers 5's worldwide box office to Paramount!  

Edited by A K A

Some sources say the marketing budget for TF4 is as high as 100M yuan.

Thats only like 15 mill $ which will be covered by other partners most likely in tie ins..BO, dvd and Tv rights in China alone will cover most of TF4's budget
  • Like 1