A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

No idea, but could do 50M yuan if lucky ?

not much. but i guess Hugo, not being made by a big studio is under a flat rate, so even if it grossed a lot of money, producers would not see them. (there are 20+14 imax+3d films allowed in china and 30+10 flat rate films allowed in china, right?) Edited by dezorz

not much. but i guess Hugo, not being made by a big studio is under a flat rate, so even if grossed a lot of money, producers would not see them. (there are 20+14 imax+3d films allowed in china and 30+10 flat rate films allowe in china, right?)

Yes. Hugo was bought by Chinese company and no box office share for hollywood producer. Edited by firedeep

Yes. Huge was bought by Chinese company and no box office share for hollywood producer.

these information about which film gets a share and which was bought completely, is it available publicly? Edited by dezorz

Hasbro wants to sell toys.

the answer is, why not.i think there are two better questions, why hasbro decided to do it and why universal joined.hasbro has been long in tv business making tv series based on their intellectual properties. not only they make money on such tv shows, these shows also help to sell more hasbro toys. next logical step was movie business. with 3 billion gross from TF franchise, Hasbro feels lucky. GI Joe wasn’t not a success I doubt it broke even but from the fact that there will be a sequel I suppose there must have been increase in G.I.Joe toys sales. Of course, Hasbro is happy to sell Avengers figures and any toys based on popular films, but for such toys they pay a lot of money to license them. By making their own films based on their own figures they make money and increase sales of their own figures and probably they can sell licenses (to make comic books, any other merchandise).but why universal? they are in need for a strong franchise. ok. TF is doing pretty well, so anything which sounds like next TF is a big temptation for them. But did their really had to do Hasbro Battleship? They could have done their own Battleship (based on original story, no need to buy a license for original characters and story). I suppose coproduction with hasbro mitigates potential risk.

Unlike Transformers which had lots of characters and stories, Battleship is just a fvcking board game(it is right? I dont know quite much about it). The masssive success of TF trilogy must have made them too confident.

how do you see Hugo´s performance in China?

Hugo will be basically another Tintin. No awareness, no appearing stories, no big-names, no nothing. In fact I think it will do even less than Tintin. Edited by vc2002

LOL a film about LEGO?I wonder when is the $200m-budget Super Mario film coming out?

super mario bross, actually, it was. in 1993, and it was quite expensive for its time, nearly 50 millions. jurassic park cost 60 millions and last action hero 80 millions, most expsensive films that year. Edited by dezorz

How much will TA's opening affect Titanic this week? Can it still make 150M for the re-release?

Actually Titanic and TA will have a close run for #1 this week.

Titanic 3D already made 54M yuan in the first 2 days of the week (And 922M yuan/146M by the end of May 2th) and is expected to make 100M yuan for the whole week. Question is Can TA make 100M yuan on Saturday and Sunday ? A tough call, I suppose.

super mario bross, actually, it was. in 1993, and it was quite expensive for its time, nearly 50 millions. jurassic park cost 60 millions and last action hero 80 millions, most expsensive films that year.

LOL they already made one? This is blowing my mind....

Actually Titanic and TA will have a close run for #1 this week.

Titanic 3D already made 54M yuan in the first 2 days of the week (And 922M yuan/146M by the end of May 2th) and is expected to make 100M yuan for the whole week. Question is Can TA make 100M yuan on Saturday and Sunday ? A tough call, I suppose.

It only made ~125M yuan last week, right?

Why the great drops? Holidays?