A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

On 7/5/2023 at 8:12 PM, Issac Newton said:

I am expecting NSN to be another LitS. Well let's see.

Never Say Never 

Current Final Forecast is up to ¥1210M.

Did ¥65M OD / ¥485M Total (Lol ¥420M Weeks of Previews!??)

Maoyan - 9.5 / 162K ratings ~ 20K+ +ve (492 -ve) reviews

Taopiaopiao - 9.4 / 95K ratings ~ 9.5 Male / 9.4 Female 

Douban - 7.6 / 65K ratings 

Current Chinese market for HLW is trend to 00s India I guess,western culture’s impact is died down..

Avatar 3 and Avengers 5 should be the only movie could cross ¥1B

Other movie I can’t see any hope,even Holland Spidey 4 have  small chance

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Never Say Never is exploding - Final Forecast up by another ¥500M ~ ¥1718M

SUN up by 26.4%. Total up to ¥871M. It's breaking ¥2000M Final in ease. 

Mainland &USA Box Office is currently having a gap of $300M. With big local Films - I guess by Meg 2, China will be able to move ahead of US (My bold Prediction if MI7 &other local films work out in line) 

October Holidays &December will give a final push.

And, I meant to say is that China has a chance to win ahead of US if everything works out 

It is a good thing that the box office of domestic films is high, so that the cinema can make money, and it will not be like many cinemas wanting to close down one after another in the past two years. This makes me feel distressed when I see it. At least this guarantees that there are still people who are willing to stick to it in the film industry. Although my reading of domestic films is limited, I know that after a mature film market develops, the box office ratio of local films will generally increase, which is a normal phenomenon.

I personally feel that many producers of imported films may not be able to do large-scale publicity in mainland China, because the market environment is already there. But in fact, many of this year's Disney movies have invited stars to dub for promotion, and there are a lot of traffic reposts under the stars. Warner Bros.' "The Flash" invited many film critics to watch the film in advance to give good reviews, and Paramount's "Transformers 7" also had a luxurious premiere. For the imported films of Universal Pictures, film critics from all walks of life are also invited to Universal Studios to attend the premiere ceremony to leave a good impression on the film critics and let them blow it up on the Internet. The announcement of Sony Pictures' "Spider-Man: Across the Spidey-Verse" was also very careful, and it also made a special Chinese-style poster, which caused some topics. But after this whole set, the box office really didn't go up much.

I personally think that the box office of Hollywood movies is not high now. Many fans say that the marketing factor is a point, but I think this is not the most important point. The most critical point lies in two, one is the domestic people's aesthetic fatigue of Hollywood content, and the other important factor, I will say vaguely, is the people's national feelings.

But looking at it from another angle, imported films still have an effect at least during the cold period of the year. The box office of 1.2 billion is not bad in the cold period, and at least it can support the film market in a short period of time. And don't you think that the low box office of imported films is a good thing in a sense? In this way, there will be no card showings.

Spoiler

国产片票房高是好事,这样就可以让电影院有钱赚,不至于像过去2年不少电影院接连着想倒闭关门,这看得我一个旁人都觉得心疼。至少这样保证还有人愿意在电影行业坚持下去。虽然我对国产片的阅片量是有限的,但我知道一个成熟的电影市场发展到后来本土电影票房比例一般是越来越高的,这是属于正常现象。

我个人感觉很多进口片的片商可能已经无力在中国内地做大规模宣发了,因为市场环境已经摆在那儿了。但其实今年的迪士尼电影好多都请了明星配音宣传,而且明星下面还有大流量转发。华纳兄弟的《闪电侠》请了很多影评人提前看片给出好评,派拉蒙的《变形金刚7》也做了豪华首映礼。环球影业的进口片也是请各路影评人到环球影城参加首映礼给影评人留下好的印象让他们在网上吹。索尼影业的《蜘蛛侠:纵横宇宙》宣发也很用心,还专门做了中国风海报引起了一些话题。但这一整套下来,票房确实还是没怎么上去。

我个人觉得现在好莱坞电影票房不高确实很多粉丝说的营销因素是一个点,但我觉得这并不是最重要的点。最关键的点在于两个,一个是国内民众对于好莱坞内容的审美疲劳,另一个重要因素我就隐晦了说,在于民众国家情怀。

但是换个角度想,进口片最起码在一年当中的冷档期还是产生作用的。1,2亿票房在冷档期里已经算不错的了,好歹也能让电影市场大盘短时间内撑一撑。而且进口片票房低你们难道不觉得某种意义上也是好事嘛?这样就不怎么卡上映了。

Edited by Issac Newton

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Seems like mini-break out of "长安三万里" is happening as SAT PS is 300% more than FRI.

Same Forecast of Never Say Never (¥2000M) &Lost In The Stars (¥3500M)

I read that tweet. Thought it was Mission Impossible for a second

Sad Fight GIF by Top Rank Boxing

• Sad 2