Impact

Impact's Best of and Worst of Year 5-and the winner is..........

I heard rumors that Giant Spiders 2 was sweeping the awards in the Australian Film Festival lol Bit surprised to see Vast Dark there, it was a decent thriller-horror, nothing special, but it's not bad. I expected Escalator to show up there. I agree with the top 3.

If expectations were REALLY LOW for Vast Dark 4, then that means your franchise is over :lol:
  • Like 1

Santa Claus was just something I wanted to let loose and have fun writing. Everyone should make a film like that every once in a while. Not a film that they actually care about, but something that they just want to throw out there and see what happens.

• Like 1

Why, cause he made one movie with Robert Pattinson? Remember the Fly? Scanners? Coma (I believe)?

I actually haven't seen Cosmopolis, but I haven't forgiven him for some of his previous misdeeds including his latest misfire A Dangerous Method. I remember I called it "A Complete Croenberg Disaster" His sort of style and movie genre really just doesn't mesh with me.
  • Like 1

Santa Claus was just something I wanted to let loose and have fun writing. Everyone should make a film like that every once in a while. Not a film that they actually care about, but something that they just want to throw out there and see what happens.

Exactly. I write things like that all the time. Things like 39 Clues, and most of my shittier movies are written for no other purpose but just for the sake of writing something not serious as a Blockbuster or an OC. Even Oro which is partially my Blockbuster of the year and part of what I hope to be part of a tradition of opening blockbusters at the beginning of May to kick off the summer season, was written because I wanted a film I'd have fun writing. (And my next May blockbuster is no different ;) ) Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

That's what Clark Gregg is for me. :D

Yep I agree-hey I have gotten much worse rap for some of my fun to write plots. (Ry thought it was so offensive that I thought one of my films called Robot President was a great comedy. It was about a robot who replaces the president. Ry was offended I had it higher then some handdrawn film he had)

• Like 1

Yep I agree-hey I have gotten much worse rap for some of my fun to write plots. (Ry thought it was so offensive that I thought one of my films called Robot President was a great comedy. It was about a robot who replaces the president. Ry was offended I had it higher then some handdrawn film he had)

Well from what I've heard for you guys Ry doesn't sound like the sanest person around :P But, honestly sometimes these fun films people write are just really good.
  • Like 1

Also, that film you did this year from the director of The Oogieloves...I'm guessing that Shark Mutiny, Oro, or The Next Dimension will be your #1 pick. I don't imagine Eccentric Minds being terribly up your alley.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1