kayumanggi

PHILIPPINES BOX OFFICE thread​

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

GxK - ₱170M+ ! ! 160 Scr+ at 6th WKend!

I know it's also because April has been barren but haven't seen a film perform like this here in a long time! (in terms of lasting screen count, not earnings)

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 1

Godzilla x Kong - est. ₱174 million as of yesterday, May 5 (5PM) per @rvgonzales_100 

I know it's also because April has been barren but haven't seen a film perform like this here in a long time! (in terms of lasting screen count, not earnings)

Bodes well for Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes as the next blockbuster-y movie to see on the big screen

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

The Fall Guy    $154,480    

not good ig

I watched this and I was the only one in the cinema. :whosad:

It's a sad state for Philippine box office. It's actually funny that we are already happy that G×K has made $3M. That's 2007 levels.

THE FALL GUY's total is $179,786, by the way.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I watched this and I was the only one in the cinema. :whosad:

It's a sad state for Philippine box office. It's actually funny that we are already happy that G×K has made $3M. That's 2007 levels.

THE FALL GUY's total is $179,786, by the way.

Disney/20th you can do this. Wake up the box office again (Apes, Deadpool, Inside Out)

Also hoping casuals go to Twisters (Garfield/A Quiet Place) and I'm betting they will.

Seems like Star Cinema will drop their major films again in the Fall. If Vice Ganda misses MMFF, November is a good date while thinking a September date for the Joshua Garcia/Julia Barreto comeback movie.

39 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

Disney/20th you can do this. Wake up the box office again (Apes, Deadpool, Inside Out)

Also hoping casuals go to Twisters (Garfield/A Quiet Place) and I'm betting they will.

Seems like Star Cinema will drop their major films again in the Fall. If Vice Ganda misses MMFF, November is a good date while thinking a September date for the Joshua Garcia/Julia Barreto comeback movie.

The MMFF season is a very safe time to release movies. This actually allows local movies to make more than the Hollywood ones. It's the time of the year when families wouldn't actually mind spending money for cinema.

I also think cinemas should really lower ticket prices. It's just too much for the casuals.

• Heart 1

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes -  $618,764    

Apes woke up the box office (the box office woke up but just lied down lol). But hey we got Haikyu (and If) tomorrow and a consistent slate of probably mid-size grossers here until Inside Out 2 arrives

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icebearraven said:

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes -  $618,764    

Apes woke up the box office (the box office woke up but just lied down lol). But hey we got Haikyu (and If) tomorrow and a consistent slate of probably mid-size grossers here until Inside Out 2 arrives

FURIOSA opens on the 22nd.

1 minute ago, icebearraven said:

Mad Max Fury Road only did $1M here back in 2015 so I’m classifying Furiosa under likely mid-size performer for now 

Might just finish with $500K. Wait, this is rated-R, right? SM cinemas tend to cut rated-R movies.

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Might just finish with $500K. Wait, this is rated-R, right? SM cinemas tend to cut rated-R movies.

Yep. 

Not sure if Fury Road was cut. It would be L for WB to cut Furiosa just to pass MTRCB restrictions when it isn’t really going to much money anyway lol (plus it’ll just piss off its core demo). 

The Jeepney marketing was cool tho

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes P39,028,535(Incl Prev.)

War For The Planet Of The Apes OW P47,428,047 Cume P80,855,885

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes OW P55,794,812 Cume P116,981,971

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes OW P31,710,169 Cume P78,683,966

TOP 2023

1.Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire P180,212,785

2.Kung Fu Panda 4 P93,436,897

3.Dune: Part Two P76,637,604

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, icebearraven said:

Yep. 

Not sure if Fury Road was cut. It would be L for WB to cut Furiosa just to pass MTRCB restrictions when it isn’t really going to much money anyway lol (plus it’ll just piss off its core demo). 

The Jeepney marketing was cool tho

No cuts sa Ayala Cinemas?

31 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

not sure

IIRC tho 20th Century/Disney made no cuts for Poor Things but that was "arthouse"

Very interesting. Of all movies.

• Haha 1