kayumanggi

PHILIPPINES BOX OFFICE thread​

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

GxK is No.1 for 4th WKend. I guess UPS didn't get better numbers..

Yeah. Fanbase remains king in romance films and (having seen it) the story isn't as theatre-worthy or buzzy to attract casuals

• Sad 1

On 4/27/2024 at 2:37 PM, Issac Newton said:

Pretty much in deporable state

I hope Haikyuu! give theatres a blockbuster start &also looking forward for more sleeper hit like Exhuma 

Also hoping that the new Apes movie gives a much needed boost. Doesn't seem to be much buzz here for The Fall Guy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

Also hoping that the new Apes movie gives a much needed boost. Doesn't seem to be much buzz here for The Fall Guy.

War for the Planet of the Apes only did $1.5M in 2017 - down from Dawn's $2.7M. :(

It's likely that we have to wait until Inside Out 2 (in June !!) before we get our next 100M grosser. Garfield could tho. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, icebearraven said:

Laser upgrades !

Curious to know which three new locations will have IMAX. Guessing Baguio, Davao, Dasmarinas or Marikina

Which ones currently have laser systems? I know MOA is still the biggest, but since it's the oldest, I am not sure if the quality is good. I keep on hearing about EVIA [not owned by SM], but people say the screens have marks. I have only tried watching at SM North's LIEMAX. Which IMAX is the best for you?

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Which ones currently have laser systems? I know MOA is still the biggest, but since it's the oldest, I am not sure if the quality is good. I keep on hearing about EVIA [not owned by SM], but people say the screens have marks. I have only tried watching at SM North's LIEMAX. Which IMAX is the best for you?

When I did MOA last year it was fine? I guess. Nice amount of leg room for a big brit like myself haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

When I did MOA last year it was fine? I guess. Nice amount of leg room for a big brit like myself haha

Thanks for the info, but MOA is actually almost 4 hours where I am from lol. But I'd be down to travel that long as long as the moviewatching experience is good. Probably for SUPES or the next AVATAR?

14 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

the newly opened IMAX in SM Iloilo has Laser.

MOA is still my go-to. The screen is the biggest here but rarely utilized (where's our 70mm projector???). I believe it was renovated too during the pandemic. SM Megamall is fine but definitely better than SM North. My next go-to is Ayala Manila Bay's A-Giant Screen which is 24.3x13m with Dolby Atmos.

Got this one on Reddit and I can vouch for MOA/Mega/North difference.

r/FilmClubPH - SM MoA 29x22m *but only uses gray area 6ft. man Evia 24x13m SM Megamall, Aura, Southmall, Cebu, etc. approx. 22x12m SM North 16x9m Average theater

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, icebearraven said:

the newly opened IMAX in SM Iloilo has Laser.

MOA is still my go-to. The screen is the biggest here but rarely utilized (where's our 70mm projector???). I believe it was renovated too during the pandemic. SM Megamall is fine but definitely better than SM North. My next go-to is Ayala Manila Bay's A-Giant Screen which is 24.3x13m with Dolby Atmos.

Got this one on Reddit and I can vouch for MOA/Mega/North difference.

r/FilmClubPH - SM MoA 29x22m *but only uses gray area 6ft. man Evia 24x13m SM Megamall, Aura, Southmall, Cebu, etc. approx. 22x12m SM North 16x9m Average theater

My God. I knew North was crap, but not that crap crap. Do you have an idea if the size of the A-Giant screen in Vertis North is the same with the one in Manila? Sometimes when I check, there is a price difference in tickets. Maybe because the one in Manila is the newer one? I need to travel for 2 hours to get to North. 4 hours to Pasay.

My God. I knew North was crap, but not that crap crap.

Yeah because they just converted a regular cinema before not built from the ground up

Do you have an idea if the size of the A-Giant screen in Vertis North is the same with the one in Manila?

From this comment a year ago I think it's kinda the same. Forgot if it has Atmos system

Open photo

Kinda have to warn you though about A-Giant. Saw The Batman at Vertis and I think the orange lighting of its stairs or something was reflecting on the screen lol. Please update us if it's still the case (or maybe you can request to turn it off). Trinoma's projection is a bit... dark? The new ones in SM North The Block are solid but screen size is smaller I think.

Edited by icebearraven

3 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

All this talk about screen sizes reminds me of a personal pet peeve:

When Director's club/ "premiere" cinemas seem to prioritize lazy boy seats over screen + sound quality. 🤣

IKR. The one that really pissed me off is the newly renovated SM Aura regular cinemas. The screen is soooo small and the overall design/color inside the cinema is... interesting

No description available.No description available.