kayumanggi

PHILIPPINES BOX OFFICE thread​

19 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

That's why it pissed me off that my local theatre increased prices WITHOUT renovating

The theater in my fiancé's home town was suuuuuuuper run down when we went last year but felt the need to charge 350ps each. No wonder it was such a ghost town they closed 2/3rds of the screens during the week. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

KFP4 will move ahead of Dune Part II

BTW, how is Exhuma doing in Philippines (I believe Filipino has good taste in horror!)

I don't think it helped that it opened alongside a local horror comedy (which will flop tho) and Immaculate this week - splitting the horror moviegoing crowd

Malls are closed next Thursday/Friday & Godzilla x Kong will open Black Saturday

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 1:56 PM, icebearraven said:

I don't think it helped that it opened alongside a local horror comedy (which will flop tho) and Immaculate this week - splitting the horror moviegoing crowd

Malls are closed next Thursday/Friday & Godzilla x Kong will open Black Saturday

I watched EXHUMA and there were only seven of us lol.

• Sad 1

Way back already but curious how Eras Tour ultimately ended up here in PH

Also,

Kung Fu Panda 4 - $223,458 | Total: $1,409,344  (3 weeks)

Wake the box office GVK! Seeing some sales already in IMAX

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

Way back already but curious how Eras Tour ultimately ended up here in PH

Atleast got that ₱100M Debut - if I apply the standard legs - I guess it did ₱200M+ Final 

Exhuma

- ₱5,183,560 Debut

- 4th Biggest OW for a Korean Film

Results are very medicore in Philippines compare to other SEA Markets 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Atleast got that ₱100M Debut - if I apply the standard legs - I guess it did ₱200M+ Final 

Exhuma

- ₱5,183,560 Debut

- 4th Biggest OW for a Korean Film

Results are very medicore in Philippines compare to other SEA Markets 

Barely marketed and didn't see any buzz which is sad, and further proves @kayumanggi's point on the state of PH box office lately

Can bet Immaculate also did the same numbers.

Edited by icebearraven

10 hours ago, icebearraven said:

Barely marketed and didn't see any buzz which is sad, and further proves @kayumanggi's point on the state of PH box office lately

Can bet Immaculate also did the same numbers.

Going to the movies is definitely not the bonding time for families anymore. And for movies that are not even for children, people rarely flock to them because how difficult times right now. You see they only watch movies during MMFF. When they have money to spare.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I will still go to the movies, though. The experience can't be replaced by streaming. 🙂

Same. Even when friends say "but it'll be out on the internet in weeks/months", I just tell them the feeling in a theater just can't be replaced. (Plus ofc supporting the movies themselves!)

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

Same. Even when friends say "but it'll be out on the internet in weeks/months", I just tell them the feeling in a theater just can't be replaced. (Plus ofc supporting the movies themselves!)

I agree. I have so much respect for the people behind these movies so I try to watch them through legal means even though I know there's easy access to illegal sites. The experience is just not there.

• Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Exhuma

WKend 1 - ₱5,183,560 

WKend 2 - ₱9,505,212 / ₱17,205,846 (+83.4%)

4th Biggest Korean Film in Philippines. I posted the full breakdown of Exhuma on Korean BO Thread

A shame its already pulled out from the theaters around me...

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

A shame its already pulled out from the theaters around me...

That's really shocking

WOM is really strong it just take some time to reach the moviegoers attention like in Indonesia, the film started with 20K admits OD - leading into 300K admits 5-Days Debut and now it's at 2.31M admits (If not for Ramadan, easily would have could have done 5M admits ~ topping Nun) - Rest of the Asia similar pattern - growing from 2nd WKend 

Only Vietnam had huge OD of $660K - now at $8.43M with 2.23M admits ~ where it's currently All-Time 7th Highest Grossing Film in Vietnam. (Korean Titles are very strong - Last Korean ATG - 6/45 did 2.15M admits in Vietnam)

• Astonished 1