kayumanggi

PHILIPPINES BOX OFFICE thread​

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

GEnQXK7aMAEC0Xb?format=jpg&name=900x900

Someone did a manual counting for OD

Hmm maybe add around 30-40K I guess from Ayala (and Robinsons/Vista/Megaworld) Cinemas

I tried doing that for Eras/Partners in Crime and it was nuts. Maybe I'll try again with the next big PH release

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

Hmm maybe add around 30-40K I guess from Ayala (and Robinsons/Vista/Megaworld) Cinemas

I tried doing that for Eras/Partners in Crime and it was nuts. Maybe I'll try again with the next big PH release

Quite down after a record breaking MMFF Week

Much like my previous reply it's time for Filipino Distributor is to released number like other SEA Countries on Monday. Now, actual thing is that this type of business creates an embarrassing moment though at least numbers do not get inflated at all :)

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

60~65%. Local Film doesn't release data like Imported Film so I need to wait for Rod &Felipe Update or else it's very easy to look around like search - 

Spoiler

20240127-183741.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Quite down after a record breaking MMFF Week

Much like my previous reply it's time for Filipino Distributor is to released number like other SEA Countries on Monday. Now, actual thing is that this type of business creates an embarrassing moment though at least numbers do not get inflated at all :)

Yeah. But they didn't know exactly how to market these films. For MMFF, they relied on word-of-mouth, culture of watching films on Christmas, and blockage on Hollywood releases . Rewind kinda made the false hope that the industry is so back when the truth is Star Cinema is back.

Fan wars are much more prevalent here so I guess they don't want a free ammunition from one another lol. It has to be a law or smtg to push transparency

• Like 1

Rewind

Debuted at 7th place in UAE with 3,914 admits - $50K

Oceania - $193K &North America - $863K

Incl. Est. from Singapore - $1.15M OS / ₱65M

Incl. Philippines ₱837M it's ₱902M WW

GFFIBVTbgAA4Dgz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Issac Newton

@Deadline Hollywood - "Rewind crossed the the 900M Philippine pesos worldwide gross mark this week, a huge return for the local box office. The local record was previously held by Hello, Love, Goodbye (2019), which grossed 691M pesos. 

Anchored by the star power of real-life husband-and-wife Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera, as well as buzz generated by word-of-mouth, the time-traveling romance film also broke the domestic box office record after grossing 848M pesos

Philippines Gross is reported as ₱848M. 

North America - $862,561

Australia - A$31,944 / A$221,375 (15 Scr) | $145,689

New Zealand - NZ$8,142 / NZ$76,888 (6 Scr) | $46,926

UAE - 3,914 admits - $50K

Singapore Est. $50K

$1.155M / ₱65M Overseas 

The film’s international box office currently stands at 54M pesos, with the U.S., Canada and Australia as the top markets outside the Philippines, Gazmen told Deadline. 

Cutting down Singapore wouldn't make up the difference (will adjusted to ₱62M) Perhaps, Int. Update via Star Cinema is missing out New Zealand, UAE and Singapore but still will be atleast at the difference of ₱3M ~ ₱57M

• Like 1

Curious to see how Lisa Frankenstein does here. It needs a word-of-mouth jolt tho today (Wednesday) from the first public moviegoers.

To note, it's has an R-13 rating here and so far it's not getting full day showtimes in regional theatres with Mean Girls & another local film opening on the same day

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:29 AM, icebearraven said:

My Sassy Girl - ₱27 million (total run)

I Am Not Big Bird - ₱10 million (1 week gross)

Source: PEP

lmao I don't trust that MSG's number.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

lmao I don't trust that MSG's number.

to be fair, I scanned SM tickets on opening week and it was selling.. fine 

aaand this is still a bad showing for Toni Gonzaga. This is her forte already yet it only managed to double the box office total of My Teacher

6 hours ago, icebearraven said:

to be fair, I scanned SM tickets on opening week and it was selling.. fine 

aaand this is still a bad showing for Toni Gonzaga. This is her forte already yet it only managed to double the box office total of My Teacher

Wait, you scan tickets? So do you have access to movie schedules? 😅

On 2/7/2024 at 10:56 AM, Issac Newton said:

Rewind OS $1.31M / ₱73M

Philippines - ₱855M / Worldwide - ₱928M

Filipino Time-Traveling Romance ‘Rewind’ Is Box Office Smash & Reminder Of Cinema’s Emotional Power — Global Breakouts

At the end of January, we reported Rewind had become the first Filipino movie to cross $16M at the global box office, and the numbers keep growing. At last count this week, it had added another $500,000 to the bank. It has also broken local box office records and led to TikTok videos of fans weeping uncontrollably after viewing the movie. “I’m still trying to understand how that magic happened,” leading actor and executive producer Dantes tells Deadline.

Produced with a budget over $1M, the Mae Cruz Alviar-directed film is now more than two months into its theatrical run in the Philippines, was released in Hong Kong on February 18 and debuts in Cambodia this Friday (March 8). Rewind has a limited theatrical release in the U.S. and has already opened in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Guam.

Pretty much stayed at the last update. @Star Cinema Share the Pesos Update!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Filipino Time-Traveling Romance ‘Rewind’ Is Box Office Smash & Reminder Of Cinema’s Emotional Power — Global Breakouts

Pretty much stayed at the last update. @Star Cinema Share the Pesos Update!

Hopefully we can watch this in the UK soon. We just got Shake Rattle and Roll extreme on Netflix here, think me and the fiancé will start that in the next day or two

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Hopefully we can watch this in the UK soon. We just got Shake Rattle and Roll extreme on Netflix here, think me and the fiancé will start that in the next day or two

may I ask if The Missing (Iti Mapukpukaw) & A Very Good Girl are on your Netflix too?