baumer

50 Films Better than TDKR in 2012

Guys Guys Guys.

Leave Baumer alone!

Posted Image

Yes I think most people, including myself go 'WTF IS THIS SHIT', when we see his errr unique views on cinema. How one can claim that a kindergartener could poke holes in TDKR while singing the praises of movies like Battleship is beyond my level of understanding. However ultimately film going is a subjective experience and his opinion is just as 'right' as any as ours......I'll just continue to ignore any suggestions he has on films to watch and be thankful that we have someone of his talent to keep these forums well moderated!

Wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same tastes? :)

Guys Guys Guys.

Leave Baumer alone!

Posted Image

Yes I think most people, including myself go 'WTF IS THIS SHIT', when we see his errr unique views on cinema. How one can claim that a kindergartener could poke holes in TDKR while singing the praises of movies like Battleship is beyond my level of understanding. However ultimately film going is a subjective experience and his opinion is just as 'right' as any as ours......I'll just continue to ignore any suggestions he has on films to watch and be thankful that we have someone of his talent to keep these forums well moderated!

Taste is subjective, but I fail to see how anyone can find more faults with TDKR than Breaking Dawn 2, especially after that atrocious beyond all belief twist ending.

ANY film, regardless of subject matter, that had such a jaw-dropping, idiotic turn such as that would be ripped to shreds, but combined with the sub-Costner acting, laughable special effects, and complete lack of any sort of substantial plot to sustain any film for even close to an acceptable running time makes that film a truly horrendous viewing experience. In every measurable capacity, TDKR is far superior. In fact, the only CBM this year that rivals BD's lack of quality is Ghost Rider 2.

Even Cordon's better works, Gods and Monsters and Kinsey, can't match up to the Trilogy's finish.

• Like 1

Taste is subjective, but I fail to see how anyone can find more faults with TDKR than Breaking Dawn 2, especially after that atrocious beyond all belief twist ending.

ANY film, regardless of subject matter, that had such a jaw-dropping, idiotic turn such as that would be ripped to shreds, but combined with the sub-Costner acting, laughable special effects, and complete lack of any sort of substantial plot to sustain any film for even close to an acceptable running time makes that film a truly horrendous viewing experience. In every measurable capacity, TDKR is far superior. In fact, the only CBM this year that rivals BD's lack of quality is Ghost Rider 2.

Even Cordon's better works, Gods and Monsters and Kinsey, can't match up to the Trilogy's finish.

Baumer's a guy with a unique opinion. You may not always agree with it but at least he doesn't just follow the herd.

Sure TDKR has its issues, but unless you unfairly hold movies to different standards there is NO way BD2 is better than TDKR. I dare say TDKR is disappointing compared to TDK and that the disappointment makes you hate it, but ALL the twilight series is so bad that no batman can be considered worse. The emotion in Twilight is shallow, there is no chemistry between the so called 'actors', the score is poor, CGI is better on TV movies, the dialogue is cringy and the entire premise is offensive.

• Like 3

The bare mention of Twilight and TDKR in the same sentence is just preposterous (imo).

I agree. TDKR doesn't belong anywhere near BD2.....it's embarrassing for TDKR. :)