baumer

50 Films Better than TDKR in 2012

Bane did a great job..It was just his voice was just hilarious...ImPossibile!I swear to God if you never seen his face you think it was preppy jerk from the UK...

And having Bane in tears at the ending is such a lame and aweful twist.Nolan is a sucker for twisted structure when it comes to the writing process. But IMO TDKR is the example of twisted structure completely go wrong. And of cause TDK is twists done well.
  • Like 1

"I've seen worse nominations.""That's good.""No, that's because there ARE no Oscar nominations for your movie, and not much in the way of Golden Globes or Screen Actors Guilds either. Between that and the goofy voices of your hero and villain, the legions of bleating fanboys, and the general underwhelming nature of the movie compared to the first two films in the series and the massive hype, I cannot recommend that you buy that trophy case, Mr. Nolan.

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

So Inception winning Best Visual Effects meant shit?

All I'm saying is that I personally do not think an Oscar nomination in the visual effects category carries that much weight, and I would not use it as an argument for why one movie is better than another. But I guess it does matter a lot in fanboy land. :)And no, to me Inception winning best visual effects didn't mean all that much. Had it won best script on the other hand, now that would have been something. In fact, in my humble opinion, that script nomination means a whole hell of a lot more than the visual effects win.

Fair enough. IMO, Inception should have won Best editing.By the way, I'm not a Marvel fanboy. I just find it funny after all that fuss about how TDKR is more Oscar-worthy than Avengers, it didn't manage to earn one single nomination even in a minor category like Best Visual Effects. :)

Edited by dashrendar44

Fair enough. IMO, Inception should have won Best editing.By the way, I'm not a Marvel fanboy. I just find it funny after all that fuss about how TDKR is more Oscar-worthy than Avengers, it didn't manage to earn one single nomination even in a minor category like Best Visual Effects. :)

I think neither were particularly Oscar-worthy. Avengers for visual effects is fine. TDKR was not that CGI heavy, and the instances where it was applied weren't all that remarkable. The only categories I can think of where TDKR could have perhaps gotten in are the sound categories.