iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Flash forward 11 years later: its James Bond and Twilight doing it.

Wait, we had GOF and NARNIA l first in 2005! Remember the meltdowns?291.7 M THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE.290.0 M HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE
  • Like 2

3D and Inflation. I can't see how anyone can say this is Phantom Menace all over again. Phantom performed very well despite the critics being missed. I'm not saying this isn't performing well but it's not reaching Menace levels. 100 Million OW is decent, not mind blowing but decent. But 100 Million Dec is nothing to sneeze at but did "I am Legend" sell more tickets? or "Avatar"? we will see. It is the 4th film in the franchise. "Hobbit" is basically "Lord of the Rings LIGHT", it's not as action packed a story but still very good. I think the film will work with more die hards/fanboys. It will still get general audience but not as broadly to reach 400 Million. I do not see a 4x multiple with the competition coming out by Christmas time. Don't get me wrong Hobbit will clean up especially overseas but I'm seeing a more Skyfall run in about 300+ domestic and 650+ worldwide.

Edited by filmscholar