iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Yes - 2M would be a good number for SF Friday - 35% drop (from last Fri). I was thinking 40 - 45% drop on Hobbit weekend so better than expected for me.Are there any other numbers yet - Lincoln, BD2, ROTG etc - i couldn't find any numbers on pg34, have they moved? Can't believe 50+ pages on this one already. $37m for Hobbit not disastrous, did everyone forget it's December - different legs apply !!!

Since you are new here go and look in the Hobbit over 125 opening weekend thread. yes people expected way over 100. People expected over 125. Some people expected as high as 150. That all got revised once the softer numbers started coming out. But make no mistake about it many people felt that the Hobbit would destroy the December record not just beat it

I know what you are talking about. I have first-hand experience too. :P

Oh i know u do lol. U were hung in effigy for even suggesting iit might miss a billion lololo.

no doubt it will be in for some good legs. It is the Christmas season where everything has good legs. But it will need incredible legs to get over 400. Good legs should get it to about 340 or 350

I am not very optimistic about great legs. It is showing some really bad trends OS.I don't even know how some people are reporting that audience is loving it. It sure hasn't been reflected in the daily trends from Wednesday to Friday overseas.

350 M is already a GREAT number.

Buddy I agree with you 100 percent. But that has been my point the whole time. If the Hobbit where to do those kinds of numbers and a bill worldwide that would be great. But there were people that were saying I build worldwide is laughable. It would do way more than that. And that is where I said their expectations were out of whack. I simply always said since when is advil a bad number? But people told me I was foolish for believing that. Turns out I do have a little bit of box office knowledge after all. Shocking isn't it?
  • Like 1

You exercising on treadmill?

Not yet. I am just using voice to text. Much easier to use this when you have a lot to say then it is to type it out on a keyboard.

Buddy I agree with you 100 percent. But that has been my point the whole time. If the Hobbit where to do those kinds of numbers and a bill worldwide that would be great. But there were people that were saying I build worldwide is laughable. It would do way more than that. And that is where I said their expectations were out of whack. I simply always said since when is advil a bad number? But people told me I was foolish for believing that. Turns out I do have a little bit of box office knowledge after all. Shocking isn't it?

This is a prequel and is from a less popular material. Making 350 M dom and 1 B or even less worldwide is nothing to be disappointed about. Fans got a little bit carried away I suppose.

Not yet. I am just using voice to text. Much easier to use this when you have a lot to say then it is to type it out on a keyboard.

At least it is very understandable. My voice to text is just horrible. I say 'sucked', it interprets 'fucked'. :P
  • Like 2

This is a prequel and is from a less popular material. Making 350 M dom and 1 B or even less worldwide is nothing to be disappointed about. Fans got a little bit carried away I suppose.

Little bit? They were hell bent on extinguishing the voices of reason.

350m with inflation and 3d is still a massive drop in attendance.That s why everybody, including me, thought 400m+ dom would be a walk in Central Park.It still baffles me people don't get why this movie can't ignite passion. It doesn't mean the movie is bad, it means the movie lacks that little something that makes it a must see event.I realy believe TH 2 can do way better because Smaug will be The Transformers/Hulk of the movie.

Since you are new here go and look in the Hobbit over 125 opening weekend thread. yes people expected way over 100. People expected over 125. Some people expected as high as 150. That all got revised once the softer numbers started coming out. But make no mistake about it many people felt that the Hobbit would destroy the December record not just beat it

New to forums.boxoffice but was around quite a bit in the old BOM forums days when Avatar opened to $75ish for example. Not saying it'll have anything like those legs and already in the under $400m club (3 3hr films from 1 book ?wtf?) but just saying $37m Friday not disastrous.