lilmac

Most overrated films of 2012

Isn't James Cameron the James Cameron of the action sequence?

QFT.

Cameron is by himself a league on his own regarding action sequence.

Bay is Cameron's godchild who grew up doped on steroids, only fascinated with the fancy fireworks and guns hullabaloo he saw in his godfather's movies while he was in diapers uttering "AWeSomee" in his tank-like baby carriage.

(The highway showdown or that base-jump scene TF3 is one of those moments when Bay tapped into his Super Saian Mojo and touched a true Cameronesque momentum of awesomeness especially the base-jumpers getting out of the cargo bay in slo-mo while in the background you can see another cargo being shot down by a decepticon. The framing is really something you could see in a Cameron movie.)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Moonrise Kingdom isn't as atmospheric as The Darjeeling Limited, but its still a beautifully shot and a warm movie.

I definitely think that Moonrise is his best work in more than a decade. It's up there with Rushmore and Tenebaums. (I don't count Fox because it's such a different film) Edited by riczhang

How the hell is Beasts of the Southern Wild a "token hipster indie movie?"I guess I can understand how some wouldn't like it, because it's all about buying into the mindset of the film. I never once during my viewing thought the film had anything to do with white guilt over Katrina..........it was a look into a different world and ideology.

This.

I didnt like darjeling limited at all

Never saw Bottle Rocket. Love love love Rushmore and Tennenbaums. Life Aquatic liked somewhat. Darjeeling really tested my patience and I ended up hating it. And Fantastic Mr. Fox is well fantastic. Trying to make the time for Moonrise.

Well shit, am I the only one who loved Darjeeling Limited?

No i like it too.The Life Aquatic is the only Wes Anderson film i didn't like. They are all solid to great films for me. But i don't think i 've seen something trully brilliant from him. Maybe i don't click 100% with his films. But i'm always interested in a Wes Anderson movie.

And I saw Darjeeling on a flight too. So I couldn't really shut off the film, though I think after awhile I took off the headphones.

Lol. Maybe we were on the same flight...Since Owen Wilson was grating on my nerves, I switched to The Heartbreak Kid. I was trying so hard not to burst into laughter like crazy. Darjeeling Ltd is not a really good movie to kill boredom on a long-ass flight.I loved The Royal Tenenbaums though. Edited by dashrendar44