lilmac

Most overrated films of 2012

The Avengers by far, Zero Dark Thirty, Cabin in The Woods, Argo, Lincoln, Skyfall, Chronicle.

All in that order.

I just realized two of those films are Joss Whedon films, how ironic. Even more ironic is that I'm a big fan of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly, yet Whedon's move into big budget Hollywood films has been disappointing to me so far.

You hated Chronicle???!

You're dead to me now...

• Like 1

Skyfall. The movie was Dark Knight lite.

The Dark Knight Rises wasn't over rated by the general public but Nolan's fans generally do. It was a very good movie but far short of a great one.

Good point.  How much of it is the fault of fans for hyping a movie up?

it's difficult to see how hunger games, dark knight rises and the hobbit can be overrated given they weren't exactly considered pinnacles of cinema upon release.

the only one with fairly universally excellent reviews that i've seen is avengers, and that is pretty overrated.

• Like 1

The Avengers by far, Zero Dark Thirty, Cabin in The Woods, Argo, Lincoln, Skyfall, Chronicle.

All in that order.

I just realized two of those films are Joss Whedon films, how ironic. Even more ironic is that I'm a big fan of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly, yet Whedon's move into big budget Hollywood films has been disappointing to me so far.

Even more ironic considering he wrote most of the dialogue for the film you have as your avatar  ;)

• Like 1

You hated Chronicle???!

You're dead to me now...

Chronicle had great potential, but to me it was quite a terrible implementation of the ideas that they had. The implementation of the film really angered me.

chronicle is underrated, not overrated.

Compared to all the online hype, yes I feel it is definitely overrated. But to each their own, this topic is purely subjective.

The visuals were really clever and inventive yes, but to me the story was a mess and cliched in many ways.

Edited by ACCA