19 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's Apatow's weakest directorial effort, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I understand why people don't like it, but it's an honest, cathartic and funny script, even if it could have lost a supporting character or two. He got this movie out of him, now I'd like to see him direct a movie with a real story.

Thanks, me too.I was on my phone so it was hard to edit and that's why my blurb was so short.The film is a bit long and it obviously could have used an editor but overall it really worked for me. I was really surprised at good Megan Fox was. She is so gorgeous that it's hard to look at her sometimes but in here, like she was in Friends With Kids, she was very good. Her bar scene with the Philadelphia Flyers was hilarious. For all you hockey fans out there, it was cool seeing Scott Hartnell, Van Riemsdyke, Laperriere and Matt Clarke (who I did not recognize) in here as well. And the hockey player who hits on Deb is Kurt Russel's son. That whole scene was excellent. "That's what we call the hat trick".The script was very well written and Melissa McCarthy was frikkin hilarious. Just like when they showed her outtakes in Bridesmaids they did the same thing here for her principals office scene. McCarthy is a truly gifted improvisational comedian. I knew right away that her profanity laced diatribe in the office was all ad libbed. And it was perhaps the funniest part of the film. "And fuck you too vice principal...and I'm glad your husband died. :rofl: " Too funny. This was a very good time at the theater and it really hit home for me. I'd like to see it again.8.5/10

• Like 1

Thanks, me too.

I was on my phone so it was hard to edit and that's why my blurb was so short.

The film is a bit long and it obviously could have used an editor but overall it really worked for me. I was really surprised at good Megan Fox was. She is so gorgeous that it's hard to look at her sometimes but in here, like she was in Friends With Kids, she was very good. Her bar scene with the Philadelphia Flyers was hilarious. For all you hockey fans out there, it was cool seeing Scott Hartnell, Van Riemsdyke, Laperriere and Matt Clarke (who I did not recognize) in here as well. And the hockey player who hits on Deb is Kurt Russel's son. That whole scene was excellent. "That's what we call the hat trick".

The script was very well written and Melissa McCarthy was frikkin hilarious. Just like when they showed her outtakes in Bridesmaids they did the same thing here for her principals office scene. McCarthy is a truly gifted improvisational comedian. I knew right away that her profanity laced diatribe in the office was all ad libbed. And it was perhaps the funniest part of the film. "And fuck you too vice principal...and I'm glad your husband died. :rofl: " Too funny.

This was a very good time at the theater and it really hit home for me. I'd like to see it again.

8.5/10

Besides the above, I liked everyone including Rudd and Brooks, but there is something special about Mann! And some nice scenes where she is kissing and saying goodnight to her real life daughters.
  • Like 1

Also some really cool funny scenes....Albert Brooks saying your mother wanted to abort you....the talk about how they would kill each other....some death by poision in the cupcakes....and the woodchipper.....and the starfish in the underwear. LOL! And most of Megan Fox's scenes! LOL!

• Like 1

Since everyone singing praises let me praide maude apatow who has greatly improved and was pleasantly suprised

Since everyone singing praises let me praide maude apatow who has greatly improved and was pleasantly suprised

was she the older daughter?